Importing GW Monitoring Well Data

MICHAEL SPINA

Sep 13, 2016, 11:31:37 AM9/13/16
to Wetbud Plus Technical Support
What is the best process to derive "GW In" and "GW Out" from GW data generated by pressure logger observations taken at 15 minute intervals? I have three wells situated at high, medium, and low points throughout an existing wetland. Can I import this data into the model under the water inputs tabs? Thank you!

Zach

Sep 13, 2016, 1:44:52 PM9/13/16
to Wetbud Plus Technical Support
The Wem procedure uses one reading per month, taken as close to the start of the month as possible.  The first reading after midnight on the first day of the month would work.

Furthermore, it would be important to clarify if you would like to use 'Groundwater IN' or have Wetbud calculate groundwater in using the WEM routine.  These are two different things.  For groundwater in, you would need fluxes, for WEM you would need head values.

If you want to generate water budgets for years without GW data, then WEM is clearly the better route and you would need to import data into 'Wells' not 'Groundwater IN.'

MICHAEL SPINA

Sep 14, 2016, 11:13:14 AM9/14/16
to Wetbud Plus Technical Support
thank you! I'll give it a shot with the WEM routine.

MICHAEL SPINA

Oct 31, 2016, 3:40:10 PM10/31/16
to Wetbud Plus Technical Support
Hi, thanks again for your help. One more question, for the well data should I include the head value relative to the sensor? or adjusted to the sensor elevation? I don't see a place in the menu where I can enter the well elevation. Thank you.

Stephen Stone

Oct 31, 2016, 4:12:33 PM10/31/16
to MICHAEL SPINA, Wetbud Plus Technical Support
Hi Michael,

For WEM, the head value should be adjusted for sensor elevation and reflect head above sea level.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Stephen

Stephen Stone
Wetland Water Budget Modeler
Biological Systems Engineering Department, Virginia Tech
M.S. Student
Department of Ocean, Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences, Old Dominion University

Agioutantis, Zacharias

Oct 31, 2016, 4:14:23 PM10/31/16
to Stephen Stone, MICHAEL SPINA, Wetbud Plus Technical Support

There have been quite a few updates to the Wetbud Code. Please make sure you have the latest version (as of Oct 26, 2016). Thanks