BioPrinter Project

sdbiop...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2017, 9:37:50 PM1/17/17
to Wet Lab San Diego DIYBio
Hello Everyone:

I'm new to this group. I'm trying to start a Bioprinter Project. I'm modifying a RepRap 3D printer to be able to print plants. If you would be interested in learning more or helping out, please let me know.

--Sean Ogle

Ed Fraser

Jan 18, 2017, 3:32:35 PM1/18/17
to sdbiop...@gmail.com, wet-lab-san-...@googlegroups.com
I think this is a fantastic idea. I know somebody here in San Diego who is actively making a 3D bioprinter. Biocurious in the San Francisco Bay Area also has a bioprinter project going.

Sean Ogle

Mar 17, 2017, 6:24:41 PM3/17/17
to Ed Fraser, wet-lab-san-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ed,

I don't think we've met. I could use all the help I can get. Yes, I've been following what BioCurious is doing. I'd like to print with cells in Sodium Aginate on a reprap platform. Any areas of expertise you may be able to contribute?

--Sean O.

On Jan 17, 2017 6:37 PM, <sdbiop...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Everyone:

I'm new to this group. I'm trying to start a Bioprinter Project. I'm modifying a RepRap 3D printer to be able to print plants. If you would be interested in learning more or helping out, please let me know.

--Sean Ogle

Ed Fraser

Mar 19, 2017, 2:23:29 PM3/19/17
to Sean Ogle, wet-lab-san-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sean,

I'm too, am not sure if we've ever met.

While I'm always interested in projects such as yours, I was refering to someone else I know that is working on a bio printer for a number of years. His name is Jim Larson, his interests and knowledge are in the areas of Embedded Systems, Electronics, and 3D Printing.

If you're interested in speaking with him, he can messaged on Slack if you join the Fablab San Diego channel.

Cheers, Ed