NEPA21 electroporator

Taku Tokuyasu

Jun 25, 2015, 12:00:53 AM6/25/15
to wet-lab-san-...@googlegroups.com
Just for reference, some links to the NEPA21 electroporator from Nepagene before I forget.
My Web searches from a year ago suggested this is currently the best device for transforming Chlamydomonas.  It is essentially a square wave generator as I understand, but they have some special sauce on shaping and duration.  It is not cheap.  But perhaps we can get some hints from the literature on it.

http://www.nepagene.jp/index2.html
- Possibly the US/UK distributor is Sonidel: http://www.sonidel.com/
  http://www.sonidel.com/sonidel/electroporation/nepa21-electroporator/

 (Sonidel also has a sonoporator:  http://www.sonidel.com/sonidel/sonidel-sp100-sonoporator/;
  Sonoporation-optimized plasmids: http://sonidel.com/Pdf/Brochure%20-%20STK10.pdf
 )

Another distributor of the NEPA21 (I think Wallace Marshall lab at UCSF uses this)
Bulldog Bio, Inc.
Bulldog Bio provides quality products for life science research. On display will be the NEPA21 Electro-Kinetic Transfection System that has been proven to be THE most efficient way to deliver nucleic acids into Chlamydomonas. Check out why the NEPA21 is Japan's most popular electroporator.
- From http://www.genetics-gsa.org/chlamydomonas/2014/pdf/Program%20Book%20final.pdf