Virtual meeting next week?

Matt Youell

Mar 17, 2020, 4:37:48 PM3/17/20
to westside...@googlegroups.com
No particular reason, just thought we might all consider definitely not leaving our homes and just video conferencing for fun, on a lark. I know Eric can make it because there will be beer. :-D

mar...@reality.com

Mar 17, 2020, 5:04:30 PM3/17/20
On Tue, 17 Mar 2020, Matt Youell wrote:

> No particular reason, just thought we might all consider definitely not
> leaving our homes and just video conferencing for fun, on a lark. I know
> Eric can make it because there will be beer. :-D

I think I can be here for that! May even have something to drink since
the drive will be so much shorter. :)

-- M

--
Sent from PINE (GUI? Phooey!)

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Mar 17, 2020, 5:12:17 PM3/17/20
to WestsideProggers
Could very well be a thing. Should we do a Twitch channel?

Phil Tomson

Mar 17, 2020, 6:31:49 PM3/17/20
to westside...@googlegroups.com
What's a twitch channel?

I was just gonna ask what we should use, google hangouts or something, but maybe google hangouts is passé?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Mar 17, 2020, 6:52:13 PM3/17/20
to WestsideProggers

--
Borasky Research Journal https://www.znmeb.mobi

Markovs of the world, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains!

Phil Tomson

Mar 17, 2020, 8:01:45 PM3/17/20
to westside...@googlegroups.com
We could go old school and do it on IRC.
#westsideproggers on freenode.

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Mar 17, 2020, 8:25:32 PM3/17/20
to WestsideProggers
Is the channel live? I'll fire up hexchat

Phil Tomson

Mar 17, 2020, 8:30:44 PM3/17/20
to westside...@googlegroups.com

mar...@reality.com

Mar 20, 2020, 5:11:23 PM3/20/20
to westside...@googlegroups.com

> > Is the channel live? I'll fire up hexchat

Phil and I are camped on the channel now, chatting every few hours or so.
For those of you who've been popping on & then leaving again a few
minutes later, you need to stick around to see any action. Or say
something, and somebody will probably respond in an hour or two.

Small IRC channels are not good at instant gratification. :)

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Mar 20, 2020, 5:23:56 PM3/20/20
to WestsideProggers
There's some volunteer activity around COVID-19 I'm connected to - Slack, of course.