<WESTPA 2.0: Error while reading trajectories>

Praveen Ranganath Prabhakar

Nov 30, 2022, 4:09:38 PM11/30/22
to westpa...@googlegroups.com
Dear WESTPA community,

Hope you are doing well. I am attempting to extract the trajectory of the 2nd walker from a particular iteration (10th iteration) from a WESTPA 2.0 simulation. The engine I am using is AMBER and I am storing my trajectories as .nc files. I am following the same protocol provided in the WESTPA 2.0 document.  Please find below the code snippet I had used.

run = Run.open('west.h5')
last_iter = run.iteration(10)
walker = last_iter.walker(2)
trajectory = BasicMDTrajectory(top=top) #top variable has the path to the topology file (.prmtop file)
traj = trajectory(walker)

When I run it, I am getting the below error and I am unable to resolve it. Request your help please :)

utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xc8 in position 447: invalid continuation byte

image.png

Thank you.

Best,
Praveen

Anthony Bogetti

Dec 1, 2022, 9:54:25 AM12/1/22
to westpa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Praveen,

You seem to be on the right track with your code snippet.  Can you try using the full path to your topology file (as a string) in the BasicMDTrajectory line?  Have you previously defined ’top’?  Also, you can try to manually set the file extension as ’.nc’ to see if that helps:
trajectory = BasicMDTrajectory(traj_ext=‘.nc', top=‘./common_files/your_top_file.top')
Please let me know if you run into any further errors with this.
Anthony

<image.png>

Thank you.

Best,