TAG meeting 4-6pm today (Wed 5/8) - Washington St & MBTA CR

Julia Anne Malakie

May 8, 2024, 1:16:27 PMMay 8
to West Newton Community, Unite! West Newton
Hello everyone,
The monthly meeting this afternoon of the Transportation Advisory Group (chaired by Mike Halle) is focused on two items of interest to north side residents especially. Below is the info from the meeting notice, which is on the Electronic Posting Board. Transit Matters is an organization focused on better public transportation, and has advocated for electrification of the Commuter Rail among other measures.
Regards,
Julia Malakie
Ward 3 Councilor

Wednesday, May 8, 2024,
4-6PM
Virtual Zoom Meeting
The Transportation Advisory Group welcomes members of the public with interest in issues related to transportation, parking, safety, and streetscape design in the city of Newton.  Contact: Michael Halle, Chair, m...@halle.us . This month’s agenda will focus on the Washington Street Pilot and the MBTA’s regional rail plans for Newton. (The order of items may change to accommodate guests, staff, and Councilors.)

Zoom meeting link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84685117532?pwd=dWd3VS94emlSVitKbE1NL1pqZlR4dz09 Meeting ID: 846 8511 7532 Passcode: 393093

AGENDA
4:00 Welcome and introductions
4:05 Agenda additions, announcements, and updates
4:15 Washington Street Pilot discussion: goals, process and metrics We will continue our discussion about the Washington Street Pilot during this meeting.  The discussion will include building consensus on the goals of the project, suggestions regarding the public process by which the city can improve safety and operations during the pilot, and consideration of the types of tools and metrics that can be used to accomplish these goals. See the project web page for details: https://www.newtonma.gov/government/planning/transportation-planning/projects/washington-street-pilot
5:00 Newton Transit and MBTA Commuter Rail Discussion with TransitMatters We will get an outside viewpoint regarding the MBTA’s proposal to reconstruct the Newtonville Commuter Rail station for accessibility with Jackson MooreOtto, Regional Rail Project Manager with TransitMatters.
5:55 Next meeting plans
6:00 Adjourn

Michael Halle

May 8, 2024, 1:28:42 PMMay 8
to westnewtonn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Councilor for forwarding.

Due to constraints from our guests and staff, we will talk with TransitMatters first, then talk about Washington St and other issues.

-Mike