Ducklings in our yard

Maggie Cornish

May 8, 2024, 8:46:51 AMMay 8
to West Newton Community
Greetings Neighbors,

We recently had a duck lay eggs in our deck box. They hatched yesterday, swam around the above ground pool cover for a bit and are now roaming around the yard, looking for food. They can not get back in the pool so we have filled a small pool with water for them. Further complicating things is our two dogs!

Does anyone have any advice about next steps to keep them safe and healthy?

Thanks!

Ann

May 8, 2024, 10:35:40 AMMay 8
to westnewtonn...@googlegroups.com
Definitely the best story I’ve read on this listserve in a long time. Sorry I don’t have any advice to share.

They must have parents around, correct? Have you tried calling Mass Audubon for advice?

There is a bird rehabilitator out in Wayland, she might be able to provide you with some guidance as well. Also, I think the Tufts veterinary school may be able to provide support.

Ann

On May 8, 2024, at 8:47 AM, 'Maggie Cornish' via West Newton Community <westnewtonn...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 Greetings Neighbors,
--