NewtonSERVES in West Newton - Sunday May 5

tkukl...@aol.com

May 4, 2024, 3:58:06 PMMay 4
to westnewtonn...@googlegroups.com
Hi West Newtonites,

Tomorrow, Sunday, May 5, is NewtonSERVES Day - aside from it also being Cinco de Mayo and Greek Easter!  NewtonSERVES is Newton’s annual day of service where volunteer efforts are focused on cleaning and improving our parks, school grounds, open space areas, and conservation lands.

There are a number of NewtonSERVES projects taking place in West Newton.  Official pre-registration as a volunteer ended on Friday and the list of projects is unfortunately no longer listed on the city's website.  However, if you know of a project but did not register, you can show up at the site where there will be a registration form to fill out.  Many of the sites are sorely in need of volunteers - perhaps because of the need to create an account with Newton Parks, Rec and Culture to register online.

There are three projects in West Newton that I know of with signs posted - there may be others - feel free to post info on them as well.

Dolan Pond Conservation Area
Webster Park Entrance - near 63 Webster Park, West Newton
(Note:  Webster Park
is a street off of Webster Street)
9 am to Noon
Garlic Mustard Invasive Removal and Clean-up
Bring work or gardening gloves if you have them.
Coordinator:  Ted Kuklinski

Wellington Park
Kilburn Road, West Newton
1-4 pm
Gardening, Mulching and Cleanup
Coordinator:  Ann Dorfman

West Parish Burying Ground
River and Cherry Streets, West Newton
Usually in the afternoon (but perhaps someone can verify)
Historic Cemetery cleanup

Hope you can help out!

Ted Kuklinski
West Newton

Ann

May 4, 2024, 4:23:36 PMMay 4
to westnewtonn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neighbors,

I’ve been watching the weather, it looks like there is a good chance of rain later in the day on Sunday but likely it won’t begin until after 4:00 PM, so all events are on as scheduled.
Please come early. If you have a wheelbarrow please bring one.

Any questions about the Wellington Park Wake-up you can text or email me.

Ann

--
If you'd like to be added to this discussion group, visit this group at the link below, or simply send email to gswi...@alum.mit.edu with your name and affiliation with West Newton.
---

Julia Anne Malakie

May 4, 2024, 5:40:53 PMMay 4
to West Newton Community
West Parish Burying Ground is 1-3pm. I'm registered for that, and Dolan Pond in morning, so see you there.
Julia