Waltham St

Paul Kilduff

Jun 13, 2024, 1:37:43 PM (5 days ago) Jun 13
to West Newton Community
I wanted to personally compliment the City of Newton, city workers , and anyone involved in the new look Waltham St. Everything looks great ...JOB WELL DONE!!

Paul Kilduff

Michael Halle

Jun 13, 2024, 1:40:34 PM (5 days ago) Jun 13
to West Newton Community
Agree with Paul about Waltham St – lots of inconvenience getting there, but the end result looks great.

And there are three new crosswalks, including at Eliot and Pleasant. The Pleasant St crossing in particular will help make walking to Fessie and Albemarle safer.

—Mike

--
If you'd like to be added to this discussion group, visit this group at the link below, or simply send email to gswi...@alum.mit.edu with your name and affiliation with West Newton.
---

bethunelarry

Jun 14, 2024, 6:29:38 AM (5 days ago) Jun 14
to West Newton Community
Agree 100%.  Not only a beautiful job, but just watching the crews work (I actually stood in my front yard and watched) I was impressed with their care, speed, aggressive approach to cause as little inconvenience as they could in terms of getting it done quickly and helping folks navigate while in process... a true public service.  Finished product speaks for irself as does the professionalism of the crews.  Thank you.  Oh, and thank you for getting rid of the constant banging of manhole covers throughout the day and night.  Peace in the land.

Amy h

Jun 14, 2024, 9:15:19 AM (4 days ago) Jun 14
to westnewtonn...@googlegroups.com
The additional crosswalks on Waltham are very appreciated!  They have been added to Lindbergh & Elliott whereas before the only way to cross Waltham was in front of Family Access or at Fairway.

On Jun 14, 2024, at 6:29 AM, bethunelarry <bethun...@gmail.com> wrote:

Agree 100%.  Not only a beautiful job, but just watching the crews work (I actually stood in my front yard and watched) I was impressed with their care, speed, aggressive approach to cause as little inconvenience as they could in terms of getting it done quickly and helping folks navigate while in process... a true public service.  Finished product speaks for irself as does the professionalism of the crews.  Thank you.  Oh, and thank you for getting rid of the constant banging of manhole covers throughout the day and night.  Peace in the land.

Michael Halle

Jun 14, 2024, 9:23:25 AM (4 days ago) Jun 14
to westnewtonn...@googlegroups.com
Extra thanks to Ned Codd, our New Director of Transportation Operations, for putting extra emphasis on getting new crosswalks across Waltham St.

DPW looked at many of the different cross streets for possible crosswalks, including at Northgate, but there were limitations about where they could be fit in based on sidewalks, driveways, utility poles, and trees.

We are also very lucky to have local residents working in the city who know this area intimately.

Thank you!
-Mike

Katherine Kendall

Jun 14, 2024, 12:01:33 PM (4 days ago) Jun 14
to westnewtonn...@googlegroups.com
My family also appreciates all the work done!  Although it has been quite challenging to navigate the construction, the new crosswalks and the work to make the street safer for kids - and everyone, really! -crossing to get to all of the schools and fields is a relief. I know many people who drove their kids to school because they were too scared to have them cross Waltham Street.