Wake Up and Read collecting children's books

Susan Adley-Warrick

Mar 5, 2016, 11:28:33 AM3/5/16
to west morgan neighborhood
Neighbors,

WAKE Up and Read is collecting new and gently-used books for children ages birth to 12. The goal is to collect 110,000 books, which will provide 10 books for each child at Wake County’s 10 highest-need elementary schools and the surrounding community centers and child care facilities, in time to give to the schools this spring.  So far 40,000 books have been collected.  The momentum is building, but more participation would be greatly appreciated.

This program helps provide EVERY child in our community with the opportunity to develop a love for reading.  For more information, visit wakeupandread.org/

A map of current collection locations where individuals can drop off books can be found here: http://bit.ly/1OTiTKP

The WAKE Up and Read Book Drive Headquarters at Cary Towne Center Mall (the old Sears building) is open for deliveries these dates:

Saturday, 3/5: 9AM-3PM

Wednesday, 3/91-4PM

Saturday, 3/129AM-3PM

Directions to Book Drive Headquarters: http://bit.ly/1VWQF7z

Carolyn Merrifield, the North Carolina Regional Programs Director for WAKE Up and Read, lives in our neighborhood, and she is willing to stop by and pick up books from nearby folks directly.  carolyn.m...@reachoutandread.org.

Thanks for considering this worthwhile project.

Sue Adley-Warrick