Fwd: Need help recruiting garden volunteers!

Susan Adley-Warrick

Sep 5, 2016, 4:47:49 PM9/5/16
to Raleigh Friends Meeting, west morgan neighborhood, Jenn Truman
Friends,

The message below is from Jenn Truman on behalf of Second Saturday, an organization whose goal is to empower members of the community to become advocates for a more just and equitable food system.  Please consider signing up for this Saturday, September 10, at one of the gardens listed in the link.  Thanks, Jenn, for sending along this notice.

-- Sue

*****************************************************************************************************************************
My organization, Second Saturday, is hosting volunteer days at 5 downtown garden sites on September 10. We have other activities going on all day, details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/228171670913022/

If you can't volunteer yourself, I'd really appreciate if you could help us spread the word.

For September, we are partnering with Activate Good to bring volunteers to 5 gardens in downtown Raleigh that are bringing fresh food to downtown communities. This is part of Activate Good's larger 9/11 Weekend of Service. We believe small gardens like these community gardens and childcare center gardens are the real place to make food system change.

We still need more volunteers to sign up!

Could you share the volunteer link with your friends / networks to help us recruit?

Thanks,
Jenn
--
Jennifer KP Truman, EIT, Associate AIA

M.Architecture, B.S. Civil Engineering, NC State University
Event and Media Coordinator, Community Food Lab
Architectural Designer, Matthew Konar Architect