(PDF Download) The Scout Mindset: Why Some People See Things Clearly and Others Don't Writen By Julia Galef

1 view

Lucas

Apr 18, 2022, 8:19:58 AM4/18/22
to west...@googlegroups.com

The Scout Mindset: Why Some People See Things Clearly and Others Don't

By : Julia Galef

READ BOOK NOW

 pdf download The Scout Mindset: Why Some People See Things Clearly and Others Don't

DOWNLOAD BOOK NOW

Book Synopsis :

A better way to combat knee-jerk biases and make smarter decisions, from cofounder and president of the Center for Applied Rationally and "Rationally Speaking" podcast host Julia Galef.Our brains lie to us. They've evolved to help us forget or ignore our painful mistakes, while fueling our irrational instincts. But what if we could train our minds to make more rational decisions, without any blow to our confidence? Julia Galef's insight is that most of us naturally have a "soldier" mindset. We protect our beliefs aggressively and ignore any evidence that we might be wrong. This happens when you read a headline suggesting an idea you support isn't as great as it's cracked up to be, and you immediately find flaws in the article. Your mind decides what you want to be true, so you concoct a justification for why, logically, that idea makes the most sense.Galef explains that to be more right more often, we need to approach ideas less like a soldier and more like a scout. A scout surveys

Book Detail :

Author : Julia Galef

Pages : pages

Publisher : Penguin Audio