Tribute to Gary Brown

Tim Harty

May 19, 2022, 1:43:37 PM5/19/22
to WesternM...@googlegroups.com

 Thanks to Darrell Weldon's efforts, we will be honoring Gary Brown. a longtime friend of the Relics.  Here is a tribute to his column,  Hitting to All Fields, Relics Edition

-Just sitting and wondering, will there ever be a women's relic league?

 -Farewell to Frank Munsell, an original Relic and a good guy.

-You're getting old if you remember when Bishop McGuire played for the Relics.

-Honk if you like going up to the club after a game for a cold one.

Like it or not, there will be more Relic games postponed because of rain this season.

-Today's trivia:  What was the first year the Relics played?

Add the Fun Fun Fun Timers to my list of favorite names.

-Ye olde handicapper got it wrong in the derby.  Never would have picked an 80-1 shot.

-With Memorial Day coming, hats off to all our Relics who served in the military.

-Joke of the day:  What is the difference between a Relic and a little leaguer?

-In case you missed it, the Red Sox Nick Pivetta pitched a complete game a few nights ago, a rare thing now

-Speaking of complete games, Relic pitchers do that all the time.

-Trivia answer:  1994.  We've come a long way

-Has it really been 50 years since grandpa started buying Mass lottery tickets?

-Cookie the Shih Tzu loves watching Relic games but gets nervous when the shooting range is firing.

-Must see TV:  Ex Yankee and Holyoke's Fran Healy doing great interviews in "In the Spotlight".

-Answer to Joke:  about 60 years.

-50 years ago, Title 9 changed women's sports forever.

-On the bright side, you can come up to the club on Wednesdays through Fridays for some great food.

-Love all those banners in the outfield.  More coming.

-Dock Hollywood, still undefeated in the Silver.

-Hats off to the grounds crew who make the field look so good every day.

-What's all the fuss about Shohei Ohtani?  All the Relics pitchers are good with the bats as well.

-Where have you gone, Howie Knudsen?

-Remember the original motto of the Relics; You don't get too old to play; you get old when you stop playing.

-Farewell also to our good friend Gary Brown.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Ted Chmura III

May 19, 2022, 1:47:14 PM5/19/22
to Relics Player Ideas