"Anonymous" EMail Addresses

Darrell Weldon

Jan 10, 2023, 10:30:15 AM1/10/23
to westernm...@googlegroups.com
Just offering some "techy" advice here to this whole "anonymous" email subject. Having spent nearly 40 years in IT I can assure you that almost nothing on the Internet is ever "anonymous". That includes email addresses no matter what moniker you choose.

Information about who is behind the veiled curtain can be easily revealed by something as simple as a Google search. And for the few times that doesn't work there are free tools that likely will. Yes Dorothy, we certainly are not in Kansas anymore. Even though our ISP may have a Server in Witchita. (pun intended)

Perhaps the best advice about posting something online: Would you also say it in person?

I'll be the first to admit that I used to hit that Send button many times and then regret doing it. That was before the Wizard gave me a half a brain. He was out of whole ones.

An email will never be a good substitute for a great conversation. And personally I don't Tweet. Nor do I chirp, croon or yodel. But I do bark. Especially when my kids ask for money.

Signed,

Darrell Weldon
(or could this really be my other brother Daryl)