Registration Reminder and related notes

tedc...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2022, 2:49:47 PM1/9/22
to Western Mass Relics
Hi All,

...a reminder that Registration for the 2022 Season opens this Thursday  at about 7pm.  At that time, the Online Registration Form will be available via links:
...along with all the details about the 3 Payment Options.

=== POLICY CHANGE NOTICE ===

At the most recent Board Meeting, the rule that required 70-year-olds (those aged 70 as of 12/31/22) to play in the Gold Division was dissolved.  If you are or will turn 70 by 12/31/22 you may still register in the Silver Division.

Boiling this down, there are only 2 Age Related Rules:
  1. You must be or turn 50 by 12/31/22 to join The Relics
  2. You must be or turn 65 by 12/31/22 to play in the Gold Division
=== NOTE TO NEW MEMBERS ===

The following text has been added to our Registration Form this year:

NOTE TO NEW MEMBERS: Although we do not have "tryouts" in the conventional sense, each NEW Member is required to attend 2 "practice" or "workout" sessions at some point prior to our Draft. This allows an informal assessment of your skills levels which is necessary for building balanced teams. Several such sessions will be scheduled and the dates and times posted on the Calendar and announced on the Message Board (both on the website).

We're asking all Relics who interact with New, Prospective Players to help set this expectation.  We all want fair and balanced teams and when a new player comes on board - especially one whose skill levels are completely unknown - it's not easy to accomplish this without having had the chance to see them in action.

We appreciate your help making this expectation known to New Players planning to join us.

=== GOT QUESTIONS?? ===

Contact me any time / any way if you have any questions about registering for the 2022 Season.

Thank you !!

Ted Chmura III - Treasurer & Registrar
Western Mass Relics Senior Softball League, Inc.

t...@WesternMassRelics.org

413.589.1965 (voice/text)