upcoming events of interest

Joanne Saltman

Feb 25, 2014, 9:47:08 AM2/25/14
to WMJGS group
our member Jonathon Podolsky emailed me info about two upcoming events which might interest our members:

March 20 Thursday 6:30pm
Joseph Manning, a former social worker and historian will speak on the Lewis Hine Project: Tracking down the lives of child laborers. Manning will show some of these historic photographs, tell the stories of the immigrant child laborers, and talk about the process of searching for descendants. Several of the stories will be about Polish children. If you need Polish documents translated (probably have to be a member of PGS?) call ahead to 244-7648. This event is free and will be at Polish Center of Discovery and Learning 33 South St. Chicopee.

Also wanted to mention an exhibit I heard of: from Shtetl to Suburb at Springfield History Museum. Here is an article about it: http://hilltownfamilies.wordpress.com/2013/09/17/museums-trace-jewish-communitys-rise-from-shtetl-to-suburb/

--
Joanne Saltman