Meeting notice

Joanne Saltman

Jan 27, 2014, 10:27:35 AM1/27/14
to western-mass-jewish-...@googlegroups.com

Dear Interested Followers of our group:

After a period of inactivity due to the loss of several of our active members for various reasons we are planning to reactivate the society.  We hope to have about 4 meetings a year with topics of interest in Jewish genealogy.  I am sending the last 2 issues of MassPocha  to everyone who has been a member in the past and is still active.

Save the date:

May 4, 2014 at 2pm at Congregation Sons of Zion, 378 Maple St., Holyoke, Mass.

“Visiting a Jewish Cemetery” with Rabbi Joshua L. Segal.

Rabbi Segal is the author of several books on Jewish cemeteries and in addition to his talk will have them available for sale.  Titles include:  A Field Guide to Visiting a Jewish Cemetery and For An Eternal Memory: Ordinary and Unusual Jewish Cemetery Monuments and How to Create Them.

This program is free and open to the public.

Joanne Saltman, President