[Bike to the Future] Winnipeg Cycling Map 2011, International Trails Day, Commuter Challenge ...

1 view

Bike to the Future

Jun 1, 2011, 10:19:48 PM6/1/11
to Bike to the Future announcements
Hello Bike to the Future members and supporters. This newsletter contains the following items:

 1. Winnipeg Cycling Map 2011 is now available
 2. International Trails Day -- Saturday June 4
 3. Commuter Challenge -- June 5 to 11
 4. June Monthly Meeting -- Tuesday June 14
 5. MPI's Safer Roads public consultation & survey
 6. Bike to Work Day -- Friday June 24
 7. BttF's City Committee
 8. Bicycle Valet Winnipeg
 9. BttF membership

Kevin Miller
Bike to the Future, Co-Chair
biketothefuture.org
____________________________

Winnipeg Cycling Map 2011 is now available

Distribution of the map began last Thursday.

Info
____________________________

International Trails Day -- Saturday June 4

This is the 5th year of celebrating International Trails Day and there is a lot to celebrate this year.

There are six great and unique parties occurring on six different trail systems in Winnipeg.

There will be all kinds of freebies at the parties.

The celebrations will occur on some of Winnipeg's classic trails and on some of our newest trails.

Lots of details
____________________________

Commuter Challenge -- June 5 to 11

This annual event challenges workplaces in a friendly competition to find active and green ways to commute to work. Individuals can walk, bike, take a bus, or carpool, and increase their physical activity while reducing greenhouse gas emissions.

Complete info about the 12th annual Commuter Challenge
____________________________

June Monthly Meeting -- Tuesday June 14

Our June Monthly Meeting is on Tuesday June 14 at 5:30 PM at the Sport for Life Centre.

Our May Monthly Meeting minutes have been posted at biketothefuture.org/about/meetings.
____________________________

MPI's Safer Roads public consultation & survey

Manitoba Public Insurance has begun public consultations on the role it should play as a public auto insurer in promoting and ensuring road safety. BttF thinks MPI has an important role to play in improving road safety for cyclists.

There is a survey on MPI's website that asks for feedback. Some questions ask whether MPI should be investing in safe cycling. We ask that you fill out the survey.
____________________________

Bike to Work Day -- Friday June 24

Register to ride. (now open)

Get Involved
  • Volunteer
  • Host a Bike Pit Stop
  • Become a sponsor
  • Plan an event
biketoworkdaywinnipeg.org
____________________________

BttF's City Committee

Bike to the Future's City Committee is always looking for volunteers. The City Committee is in the very early stages of embarking on a city-wide active transportation network strategy. If you're interested in becoming involved, please contact us.

Bicycle Valet Winnipeg

bicyclevaletwinnipeg.ca

If you are interested in helping with Bicycle Valet Winnipeg events, please contact Bicycle Valet Winnipeg.

BttF membership

Members of Bike to the Future agree with our mission and vision and support it. We are an incorporated, non-profit organization that is only as strong as our membership.

Many Bike to the Future memberships are due for renewal.

Please show your support for our work by becoming a member or renewing your membership.

Get Involved