Winnipeg (not Maryland) - Nighttime Bike Decorating and Stations Near You

Anders Swanson

Sep 6, 2013, 11:18:23 AM9/6/13
to West Central Commuter Cyclists
Hi,

1. No more messages from Maryland. I haven't been on here this for a while, but wanted to let you know that I removed Carol, the well-meaning cyclist from Maryland from the Google Group. (In case you, like I, were wondering why you randomly got a message about a bike event somewhere far away.) She apparently got onto the wrong list. Sorry about that. I guess there is a West Central everywhere. Who knew?

2. This Saturday Local Event. Since you got this far, might as well use the chance to mention a bike event that is happening locally... This Saturday, September 7, help kick off "Ciclovia-Eve" by decorating your bike and riding down to Lights on Broadway. It's free. Perfect for the young and young at heart. There are nearby bike decorating station stations in the following areas:
  • Sherbrook St
  • Omand's Park
  • Memorial Park
Things to note:

-All decorating (free lights and other free fun things) at the four stations happens from 5:30pm-7:30pm.

- Group rides leave from the stations for Broadway's Parade of Lights at approx 7:30pm.
- Manyfest is hosting the Memorial and Omand Park stations.
- The West End BIZ is hosting the Sherbrook Street Festival Station.
- Prizes will be awarded at the Parade of Light for the Best Lit Bikes.

Have fun.

Anders

Chris Chip Leif

Sep 9, 2013, 2:10:03 PM9/9/13
to westcentralco...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Anders S.
Info on Ciclovia is useful.   I enjoyed the bicycle street festival yesterday.
Just joined this group today.

Chris