Fwd: Reminder - Thursday night at Gordon Bell

Anders Swanson

Nov 27, 2013, 5:11:59 PM11/27/13
to West Central Commuter Cyclists

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Greg MacPherson <dire...@westbroadway.mb.ca>
Date: Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Subject: Reminder - Thursday night at Gordon Bell
To: dire...@westbroadway.mb.ca

Hello friends,

Each year the West Broadway Community Organization holds a town hall meeting in November to discuss local issues that have particular relevance to our community. In the wake of several troubling accidents on our streets involving pedestrians and in response to ongoing calls from community members asking for information on how to reduce vehicle speeds, improve cycling infrastructure, and make West Broadway safer for pedestrians, WBCO’s town hall this year will focus on finding solutions to ongoing transportation concerns.

Thursday, November 28th

Multi-purpose room at Gordon Bell Collegiate

6:30pm until 8pm

Snacks and refreshments served

Too often, community meetings bring residents and stakeholders together to ‘consult’ or merely ‘talk about’ problems, our hope for tomorrow night’s meeting will be to offer solutions, document concerns and provide community members with concrete strategies for improving the livability of this neighbourhood. It is no secret that over 60 percent of residents in West Broadway commute without the use of automobile and that a large percentage of residents are committed pedestrians, transit riders and cyclists; in this context, with one of the highest population densities in the city, the need to consider local concerns and work together on solutions is significant.

Please feel free to share this invitation with anyone who lives, works or volunteers in the West Broadway community.

Best,

Greg MacPherson

Executive Director

West Broadway Community Organization