WSC Screening Alert: Paris is Burning! Sat. 6/5 7:15pm

Matt Shuman

Jun 3, 2021, 11:14:21 AM6/3/21
to wenham-str...@googlegroups.com, Jason Gregoricus, foresthill...@googlegroups.com, Ken Sazama, kel...@sazamare.com, good-dudesboston
Hello Friends of Wenham Street Cinema!

In honor of Pride Month, this Saturday, June 5th we'll be showing Paris is Burning, the ground-breaking (and riveting) 1990 documentary about ball culture in NYC (description below). If you are able, please bring your own chair and food or drink to share with other guests.

Doors at 7:15pm, movie at 7:45pm; first come, first served. Sorry, we are no longer accepting RSVPs.

Happy Pride Month!

Matt

Paris Is Burning is a 1990 American documentary film directed by Jennie Livingston. Filmed in the mid-to-late 1980s, it chronicles the ball culture of New York City and the African-AmericanLatinogay, and transgender communities involved in it. Critics consider the film to be an invaluable documentary of the end of the "Golden Age" of New York City drag balls, and a thoughtful exploration of race, class, gender, and sexuality in America.[4][5]

--
"Justice is what love looks like in public." - Cornel West