Stagecoach - 20883, P883 MNE (Vandalised)

MARTIN BRAY

Jul 2, 2011, 4:11:23 PM7/2/11
to welsh-bus-...@googlegroups.com
Vandals have recently attacked buses parked up at the old Pentwynmawr Garage, which is being used to store reserve and disposal vehicles.

My records show that following the attack Stagecoach have moved out 33557 (seen on the back of a flat bed truck earlier this week), 33282, 33614, 33618, 20368, 33554, 33615 and 33609 (moved to Cwmbran). Does anyone know where they were moved to? Ta.

Those remaining are 20883, 20364, 20874, 33278, 33271, 20369, 20353 and 20363.
Regards

Martin Bray, Swansea, UK

Stagecoach - Cymru

20883-pentwynmawr-020711-w.jpg

steve w

Jul 2, 2011, 7:54:33 PM7/2/11
to Welsh Bus Photographs
Martin , I've seen 33614 in the bodyshop of my depot Penmaen rd .
>  20883-pentwynmawr-020711-w.jpg
> 360KViewDownload

Martin Bray

Jul 3, 2011, 3:28:04 AM7/3/11
to welsh-bus-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Steve, Barrie has helped me out with a couple but I am still missing the locations of 20368, 33282, 33615 and 33618. Any help would be most appreciated. I also notice since a few days ago that the engine compartment doors have been opened on 33271 and 33278.

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

ggard...@aol.com

Jul 3, 2011, 4:05:09 PM7/3/11
to welsh-bus-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I hope this hepls

I photographed 20368 in the scrapyard at Dowlais on the way to Swansea (Bus Rally) 2 weeks ago. It had no broken windows and looked complete. Last Saturday I photographed 33557 in the same scrapyard and this week a UVG dart has arrived for scrap but is unidentifable (possibly 33282).

33554 has been parked in Brynmawr depot for the last week it too looks complete

Martin Bray

Jul 3, 2011, 4:33:44 PM7/3/11
to welsh-bus-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pete,

I saw our photogenic friend on X24 at Cwmbran on Saturday morning.

I'm putting up an image of 47531 at Newport shortly. The fat woman driver was the one that got off her bus in market street last year and shouted at me by the police station for taking pictures of her. Brynmawr inspector fitter drove out 34623 for me to picture last Thursday.

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

From: PETER MORGAN <peter.m...@btopenworld.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 20:59:02 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: Stagecoach - 20883, P883 MNE (Vandalised)

Hi Martyn
Not sure at moment which, as i dont spend much time these days at depot, being on distance for awhile, but im led to believe , that possibly 4 to 6 motors are to be written off due to this act, and forgot to mention our photogenic friend as just been awarded his p45  lol.. must be an achievement to get that accolade lol

Pete

Pete Morgan

On Jul 2, 9:11 pm, MARTIN BRAY <martin.br...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Vandals have recently attacked buses parked up at the old Pentwynmawr Garage, which is being used to store reserve and disposal vehicles.
>
> My records show that following the attack Stagecoach have moved out 33557 (seen on the back of a flat bed truck earlier this week), 33282, 33614, 33618, 20368, 33554, 33615 and 33609 (moved to Cwmbran). Does anyone know where they were moved to? Ta.
>
> Those remaining are 20883, 20364, 20874, 33278, 33271, 20369, 20353 and 20363.
>
> Regards
>
> Martin Bray, Swansea, UK
>
> Stagecoach - Cymruhttp://www.stagecoach-cymru.co.uk
>

>  20883-pentwynmawr-020711-w.jpg
> 360KViewDownload

MARTIN BRAY

Jul 3, 2011, 4:36:32 PM7/3/11
to welsh-bus-...@googlegroups.com
Apologies everyone. Should have been sent as a personal message.

Regards

Martin Bray, Swansea, UK

Martin Bray

Jul 3, 2011, 4:39:57 PM7/3/11
to welsh-bus-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update. I'm just a couple missing now, 33615 and 33618.

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

PETER MORGAN

Thanks Steve, Barrie has helped me out with a couple but I am still missing the locations of 20368, 33282, 33615 and 33618. Any help would be most appreciated. I also notice since a few days ago that the engine compartment doors have been opened on 33271 and 33278.

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

Martin , I've seen 33614 in the bodyshop of my depot Penmaen rd .

On Jul 2, 9:11 pm, MARTIN BRAY <martin.br...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Vandals have recently attacked buses parked up at the old Pentwynmawr Garage, which is being used to store reserve and disposal vehicles.
>
> My records show that following the attack Stagecoach have moved out 33557 (seen on the back of a flat bed truck earlier this week), 33282, 33614, 33618, 20368, 33554, 33615 and 33609 (moved to Cwmbran). Does anyone know where they were moved to? Ta.
>
> Those remaining are 20883, 20364, 20874, 33278, 33271, 20369, 20353 and 20363.
>
> Regards
>
> Martin Bray, Swansea, UK
>
> Stagecoach - Cymruhttp://www.stagecoach-cymru.co.uk
>

>  20883-pentwynmawr-020711-w.jpg
> 360KViewDownload

steve w

Jul 4, 2011, 7:03:13 PM7/4/11
to Welsh Bus Photographs
Hi Martin 33277 has gone to Dowlais :( good bus

On Jul 3, 8:59 pm, PETER MORGAN <peter.morga...@btopenworld.com>
wrote:
> Hi Martyn
> Not sure at moment which, as i dont spend much time these days at depot, being
> on distance for awhile, but im led to believe , that possibly 4 to 6 motors are
> to be written off due to this act, and forgot to mention our photogenic friend
> as just been awarded his p45  lol.. must be an achievement to get that accolade
> lol
>
> Pete
>
> Pete Morgan

Martin Bray

Jul 5, 2011, 12:47:01 AM7/5/11
to welsh-bus-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the info. The whereabouts of 33277 was discussed some months ago but not resolved. Seems like Abba are currently receiving all the scrappers and presumably they may get the vehicles left at Pentwynmawr.

Martin Bray

Jul 5, 2011, 8:14:56 AM7/5/11
to Welsh Bus Photographs
I spoke to Abba Scrap this morning and they say that they only have
one vehicle left for scrapping but are expecting Stagecoach to offer
them the eight remaining vehicles at Pentwynmwar once the disposal has
been approved.

steve w

Jul 7, 2011, 2:36:09 PM7/7/11
to Welsh Bus Photographs
Martin , I've spoken to a member of engineering today 33615 and 33618
are in my my depots bodyshop being repaired 33282 beileved scraped .

Martin Bray

Jul 7, 2011, 3:47:52 PM7/7/11
to welsh-bus-...@googlegroups.com
Ta Steve. Simon N has told me that 33282 has taken 20891's place in the old paint shop at Porth. So now I'll update my website accordingly for all three vehicles. Evidentally 20368 went to Abba.