UX Barcamp 2012 - agenda and other details

Kat

May 23, 2012, 7:21:51 PM5/23/12
to wellington-ux...@googlegroups.com
Hello all.

Here's the moment you've been waiting for - the final details for this Saturday's barcamp!  Woo-hoo!

We've got an agenda up, along with details of the location and start/end times.  You can find it all here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rpuezHbzZ3c5KHP39S-FgLORuI06J_HMyWMnDFRPYCM/edit

You'll note that there are a few places empty towards the end of the day, so don't be shy about filling those with awesome things that you'd like to talk about (or volunteering others to talk, if you feel like being mean).

The venue is Optimal Workshop on Cuba St.  Optimal Workshop are our gold sponsors for Barcamp (yay!) and are kindly providing the venue and food.  If you've got any dietary requirements and haven't let us know yet, please go fill them out at the bottom of the sign up sheet by 11am Friday.  Sign up sheet is located here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O8xw5xWEo5EebHO6_6-PhXLjYirNcYyAKzof7VNWFU8/edit

We'll be kicking off the day at 10am, however doors will open at 9.30 so feel free to rock up early, grab a hot drink (beverages kindly provided by our bronze sponsor, Kiwibank), and mingle with all your UX lovin' buddies.

We're aiming to finish up the day around 4pm.  Chances are good that barcamp will then move to another venue where the chats can continue over food/drinks.

Got a video camera?  We've had a request from some who can't attend to see if we can video any of the barcamp talks and make them available afterwards.  If anyone has a video camera and is happy and willing to take charge of capturing those talks and putting them out there for people to watch/listen to later, it would be much appreciated.

Also, the venue is a bit smaller than the one we've used in the past, so to fit everyone in comfortably we won't be sitting around tables this time.  You may want to keep that in mind when it comes to choosing what to bring for the day.

Alright folks, that's enough for now - enjoy the rest of this lovely sunny Wellington day, and we'll see you all on Saturday morning for UX fun!

Nick Bowmast

May 23, 2012, 7:50:44 PM5/23/12
to wellington-ux...@googlegroups.com
Wow Kat...
Yep, it's great that Optimal are hosting, but you should think about naming rights for next time. BarKat? Pecha-Katcha? Katstock?
Hats off to you for getting in the swing.
Nick

Julian Apatu

May 31, 2012, 6:56:09 PM5/31/12
to wellington-ux...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kat and crew,

Were there any recordings or notes on the magic that was UX Barcamp 2012?

Really interested in how the presentations went especially as I am now filling in endless Optimal Usability Card Sorts ;-)

Cheers,

Julian Apatu
(021) 509 375