Next UX Barcamp - 28 April?

Kat

Mar 7, 2012, 4:44:34 PM3/7/12
to Wellington UX Barcamp
Hi all.

It seems like a good time to start thinking about the next UX Barcamp!

The tentative date at the moment is Saturday 28 April.

The Barcamp will be a similar format to previous ones - a full day
'unconference', with presentations, discussions, etc run by
participants.

Now, there is one key thing that we need to do to make this work, and
that is.... find a venue! If anyone knows of a venue that would be
suitable for 30-60 UX people to descend on for a Saturday, preferably
free of charge, we'd love to hear about it. (Naturally, if it's a
business' venue, we'll look on them as a 'sponsor' for the event and
sing their praises from the rooftops on the day.)

We've got a little survey going as well, where you can indicate
whether you're likely to be there, what you'd like to see at Barcamp
this year, and let us know any other feedback you have as well. You
can find it right here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/UXBarcamp2012

- Kat

kenbeatson

Apr 9, 2012, 4:01:19 AM4/9/12
to Wellington UX Barcamp
Hi Kat

I'm keen but I assume this date isn't happening now?

Cheers
Ken

Kat

Apr 12, 2012, 11:32:10 PM4/12/12
to Wellington UX Barcamp
Hi Ken.

Apologies for the delay in replying!

We had quite a lot of people telling us that they'd love to be at
Barcamp, but that late April (or indeed anytime in April) wouldn't
work for them due to public holidays/school holidays/various
international conferences.

However, Optimal Workshop have kindly stepped forward and offered us a
venue, and we've been working to get a new date booked in that should
(hopefully) work a lot better for people.

Sign up sheet (with more details) will be up in a few minutes. :-)

- Kat

Julian Apatu

Apr 12, 2012, 11:46:30 PM4/12/12
to wellington-ux...@googlegroups.com
Yay for Optimal Workshop - still keen to be involved and help out as needed.

Will be awaiting more details as they are made available.

Cheers,

Julian Apatu
Web Ninja by Day