The sign-up sheet for the next UX mini barcamp is up!

Kat

May 9, 2011, 11:38:45 PM5/9/11
to Wellington UX Barcamp
That's right folks, the survey results are in (big thanks to all who
gave us their thoughts!), and the date has been decided. Due to
popular vote, we'll be running the next UX mini barcamp on the
afternoon of Saturday 4 June, from 1 - 6pm. It'll include all sorts
of fun things - discussions, presentations, exercises, all led by your
peers from within the UX community. And as also voted in the survey,
it'll include food - we'll be ordering in some pizza for dinner on the
night, so please bring along $10 to cover your share. :-)

If you're keen to come along, the sign-up sheet is located right
here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CTrn7XERJL0NfVsilhiFJ_w7M1x4_1PH9OR8QVVt2c4/edit?hl=en&authkey=CJ_Y6rgC

Please note that we've got a slightly more limited space this time
around, so we can only fit 35 attendees, so if you're not 100% sure
you'll be there, it might be best to wait until you know before you
sign up. ;-)

Barcamp's are made super-awesome-er by the cool people that attend, so
get those thinking caps on and come prepared to lead a discussion,
give a presentation, or take a group exercise on the day! We'll have
two lengths for presentations and discussions - quick-fire rounds of 5
minutes, and longer sessions for 20 minutes, so if you want to have a
go presenting but get a bit nervous about filling in 20 mins, be brave
and stand up for one of the 5 minute quick-fire rounds on the day!
(Go on, you know you want to.)

Any questions, sing out!

Kat

May 29, 2011, 7:12:32 PM5/29/11
to Wellington UX Barcamp
Hi all! Guess what? UX mini barcamp is this Saturday! Woo-hoo!

Come along for an afternoon of UX related goodness. Talks,
presentations and discussions about all sorts of things, led by your
fellow UX practitioners and experts, followed by pizza. Gotta be
good, right?

Barcamp is happening at the usual location - Kiwibank offices, Radio
NZ House, 155 The Terrace. It's kicking off at 1pm on Saturday 4
June, and will be wrapping up around 6pm that day. Since it's a
weekend, the office doors will be locked off, but we'll be down there
letting people in from 12.30 on Saturday so you've got time to pour
yourself a cup of tea and say hi before we kick off. (There will be a
cell phone number listed on the door if you're running late, so never
fear - we won't be leaving you out in the cold on the street!)

For those who haven't been to a barcamp before, it's all pretty
simple. It's kind of like a conference, except there are no set
presenters - the content is delivered by the attendees. So if you've
got something that you'd like to talk about, it would be awesome if
you came along with a mini presentation, or an idea of a discussion
you'd like to lead or an activity you'd like to run. It doesn't need
to be big - even a 5 minute book or tool review would be awesome. The
more people who contribute content, the better barcamp will be, so
don't be shy! :-)

We'll be ordering in pizza for dinner at the end of barcamp, so please
come armed with $10 for that (as we're taking the easy route and not
going out hunting for sponsors this time).

Also, please note that there won't be internet access, so if you're
wanting to be online you'll have to bring your own. There will be
power points for laptops though, and a datashow for any presentations
people want datashows for. (And a white board for those who like
writing instead. We've got you all covered, yes indeed!)

There are still some spaces on the sign-up sheet, so if you haven't
put your name down yet, it's not too late. You can sign up over
here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CTrn7XERJL0NfVsilhiFJ_w7M1x4_1PH9OR8QVVt2c4/edit?authkey=CJ_Y6rgC&hl=en_US#

See you all at barcamp on Saturday!
- Kat

On May 10, 3:38 pm, Kat <mac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's right folks, the survey results are in (big thanks to all who
> gave us their thoughts!), and the date has been decided.  Due to
> popular vote, we'll be running the next UX mini barcamp on the
> afternoon of Saturday 4 June, from 1 - 6pm.  It'll include all sorts
> of fun things - discussions, presentations, exercises, all led by your
> peers from within the UX community.  And as also voted in the survey,
> it'll include food - we'll be ordering in some pizza for dinner on the
> night, so please bring along $10 to cover your share.  :-)
>
> If you're keen to come along, the sign-up sheet is located right
> here:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CTrn7XERJL0NfVsilhiFJ_w7M1x4_1PH9...

Katia_...@bnz.co.nz

May 29, 2011, 7:21:59 PM5/29/11
to wellington-ux...@googlegroups.com

Oh no, just realized I'll be out of town this weekend... now I'm happy/sad about that : (

Katia Guiloff
Senior Usability Analyst
Strategy & Operations
BNZ

DDI: 04 4749794

Kat <mac...@gmail.com>
Sent by: wellington-ux...@googlegroups.com

30/05/2011 11:12 a.m.
Please respond to
wellington-ux...@googlegroups.com

Wellington UX Barcamp <wellington-ux...@googlegroups.com>
cc
Subject
Re: The sign-up sheet for the next UX mini barcamp is up!

CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited.
This email was sent by the Bank of New Zealand. You can contact us on
0800 ASK BNZ (0800 275 269). Any views expressed in this message are those
of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Bank
of New Zealand.

Nick Bowmast

May 30, 2011, 4:13:56 AM5/30/11
to wellington-ux...@googlegroups.com
Hiya. Turns out I am in London doing the final usability work on the medical device I presented about at the last barcamp.
One thing that freaked me is a company who make fake body parts specifically for testing these types of things...
Next week the Diabetics who are taking part in the user research will be strapping on a fake belly to insert the needle thing into. eek!
I'll be back in July so keep me on the list for future meetups please.

Nick Bowmast
Director
Bowmast Consulting | User Experience & Design Research
Website: www.bowmast.com