Important - UX barcamp this weekend has been postponed

Kat

Jun 1, 2011, 10:41:48 PM6/1/11
to Wellington UX Barcamp
Hi all.

Terrible though it is to say, we've just had to make the call to
postpone UX barcamp this weekend. There are a few reasons behind this
decision. Firstly, a last-minute issue has come up with the venue we
had organised, and we haven't had time to locate another venue that's
happy for us to be there on a weekend day. And secondly, we didn't
realise it was the long weekend when the date was set, and as a result
it turns out that most of the people who put their hand up to help out
with the barcamp can't make it on Saturday which makes running it in
general a bit tricky! We've also had a lot lower numbers than usual,
due to the long weekend, so it seems like it's going to be best for
everyone if we postpone it and reschedule for a weekend when everyone
can be there.

We don't have a new date sorted yet - that's going to depend on
finding a suitable location. So if anyone knows a good location
that's free and happy to have a group of UX types descend on it for a
weekend, we'd love to hear about it! :-)

In the meantime, watch this space - we'll keep you all updated as soon
as we get the new date finalised.

Thanks, and apologies for the postponement (although I suspect those
of you who are going away for the long weekend are secretly glad we're
moving barcamp to another date!).

- Kat

Sonja Barneveld

Jun 1, 2011, 11:09:12 PM6/1/11
to wellington-ux...@googlegroups.com
I must say I was a bit surprised you were committing to Barcamp on
Handmade weekend Kat! Look forward to hearing the new date as I want
to head over to NZ for a weekend sometime in the next few weeks and
would love to make Barcamp.

Sonja

Kristina Louis

Jun 2, 2011, 12:03:47 AM6/2/11
to wellington-ux...@googlegroups.com
Well, yes, now I can hang out in the Knit Lounge ;)

No probs, looking forward to it when it does happen.

Can I get in a shameless plug for a show I'm involved in on Sunday? It's just because I need to sell tickets so I can convince my chorus's management committee that ticketing online is the way to go (next stop, social media!)

Also: do you like Glee? Then you'll love the Whiffenpoofs! (Yes, that's what they call themselves.) They're Yale's all-male Glee club and they're singing one night only in Wellington.

Read more, & buy tickets here: http://www.undertheradar.co.nz/index.php?task=search&cat=gigs&q=whiffenpoofs&x=0&y=0

<ad off, thanks for your forbearance!>

-Kristina

Rebecca Ray

Jun 2, 2011, 12:22:31 AM6/2/11
to wellington-ux...@googlegroups.com
I'm really keen to go Kristina, but its charging me a $25 booking fee in addition to the ticket price =/
Something broken?

Kristina Louis

Jun 2, 2011, 12:35:58 AM6/2/11
to wellington-ux...@googlegroups.com
OMG

no wonder ticket sales are at zero!

Hold on, I'll call them.

-Kristina

Kristina Louis

Jun 2, 2011, 12:39:56 AM6/2/11
to wellington-ux...@googlegroups.com
Ok, just called Angela @UTR. It was a typo - fixed now.

Please come back!

Will need to re-tweet so everyone who viewed comes back...

thanks for letting me know! I'd have had no idea otherwise!

You will SO enjoy this show.

-Kristina

Kristina Louis

Jun 2, 2011, 12:40:13 AM6/2/11