WJUG July 2015

John Hurst

Jul 11, 2015, 4:44:03 AM7/11/15
to wellington-jug...@googlegroups.com, nzj...@yahoogroups.com
OK folks, I admit it, we have a trend here (two months in succession) of having talks that are not strictly Java-related. But unless someone else wants to take over the group, I'm happy to organise stuff that I'm interested in! And I love databases. (For real.)

Announcing the July 2015 Wellington Java User Group.

Wednesday, July 15: 5:00 for 5:15 - 6:30pm

An introduction to PostgreSQL, with a overview and demos of selected features of the upcoming 9.5 release including JSON support, GROUPING SETS/ROLLUP/CUBE, ON CONFLICT (aka UPSERT), row level security and more.

Note: There will be a mention of a JDBC driver somewhere in the talk.

Speaker: Thomas Munro

Thomas Munro recently joined the Database Server team at EnterpriseDB where he works on Postgres Plus Advanced Server and open source PostgreSQL.

Previously he contributed to PostgreSQL as a hobbyist.

He has worked on mission critical software in the finance, energy and web industries in the UK, New Zealand and France over the past two decades.

Venue

Hopper Meeting Room
Fronde Systems Group Ltd
3 Queens Wharf
Wellington

The Java User Group thanks our host! Three cheers for Fronde for being such supportive hosts.

Please extend an invitation to attend to any interested friends or colleagues. As usual, there is no cost involved!

Regards

John Hurst