WJUG May 2015: Wyvern

John Hurst

May 19, 2015, 3:44:07 AM5/19/15
to wellington-jug...@googlegroups.com, nzj...@yahoogroups.com
Hello,

Just a reminder for the May 2015 Wellington Java User Group.

Wednesday, May 20: 5:00 for 5:15 - 6:30pm

Wyvern is a new programming language designed to help developers be highly productive when writing high-assurance applications. The first major innovation in Wyvern is type-specific languages, a feature that allows programmers to create literals of a given type (e.g. a SQLQuery type) in a language appropriate to that type (e.g. SQL). We are currently working on the Wyvern object model and on providing architects with more architectural control. The ongoing implementation of Wyvern is available on GitHub. You can find our web site by googling for “NSA programming language” and clicking on any of the top hits. :-)

Speaker: Alex Potanin

Dr Alex Potanin is a Senior Lecturer in Software Engineering at VUW and is a co-lead of the Wyvern project together with A/Prof Jonathan Aldrich at Carnegie Mellon University, USA. Alex spent his 2013 on sabbatical at CMU jump starting the Wyvern project.

Venue

Victoria University of Wellington
Government Buildings
Lecture Theatre: GBLT3
15 Lambton Quay
Wellington

The Java User Group thanks our host!

Please extend an invitation to attend to any interested friends or colleagues. As usual, there is no cost involved!

John Hurst