WJUG January 2015: Gradle

John Hurst

Jan 27, 2015, 1:43:45 AM1/27/15
to nzj...@yahoogroups.com, wellington-jug...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

A reminder for the Wellington Java User Group meeting for January 2015.

Gradle: The Better Build Tool

Wednesday, January 28: 5:00 for 5:15 - 6:30pm

With build systems, as with all else in Java land, we are spoiled for choice. We have been well served for many years by the mainstream tools: Ant and Maven, as well as a number of lesser-known and commercial build tools.

But there is a new kid on the block: a powerful, flexible, modern, ployglot build tool that really shines in today's complex software build environments.

This talk will introduce Gradle, give an overview of most of its basic features, a bunch of examples, discuss some best practices from experience with Gradle, and show a little bit about writing your own Gradle plugins.

Speaker:

John Hurst is a Wellington Developer who started with Java in 1996. He develops mostly with Java/Groovy/Oracle at present. He has been using Gradle on a variety of projects for more than 3 years.

Venue

EDMI NZ Ltd
1/181 Wakefield St
Wellington

The Java User Group thanks our host!

Please extend an invitation to attend to any interested friends or colleagues. As usual, there is no cost involved!

John Hurst
--
Life is interfering with my game