happy new year and first meeting 2011 next thursday

lenz

Jan 6, 2011, 2:54:18 PM1/6/11
to wellin...@googlegroups.com
hi,

i hope you spent a couple of calm days and relaxed from the busy last
year for a bit. as promised we'll start the new year early with a talk
about RabbitMQ[1] by Michael who works full time on the project and
certainly knows a lot about the product but also about how customers
are using it. the rough plan is to give a quick run down of what
RabbitMQ is and then have a more informal chat about different ways of
using it and how to design a message driven application in general.

we plan to stay with our pre-curry slot on thursday and hope that
catalyst has a room for us. spread the word and get this not too
functional programming oriented topic to all those that might be
interested but normally don't show up in our quite elite rounds :-)

Topic: RabbitMQ and message driven development
Speaker: Michael (@squaremobius)
Where: Catalyst IT (Level 4 normally)
When: January, 13th 18:00

till thursday
cheers
lenz

[1]: http://rabbitmq.com
--
twitter: @norbu09
current project: iWantMyName.com

Grant Patterson

Jan 11, 2011, 8:24:21 PM1/11/11
to wellin...@googlegroups.com
It turns out the Python User Group already have a meeting scheduled on level 4 at that time: http://nzpug.org/MeetingsWellington/January2011.

How does everyone feel about having a combined meeting for January? I've spoken with Jonathan here at Catalyst and he's suggested that could work.

As an added bonus, there would be pizza provided :-)

Cheers
Grant

lenz

Jan 11, 2011, 9:25:12 PM1/11/11
to wellin...@googlegroups.com
could be interesting:

speakers:
François Marier: "Adventures with Gearman"

this might complement an introduction to RabbitMQ quite well :-)

cheers
lenz

lenz

Jan 11, 2011, 10:55:49 PM1/11/11
to wellin...@googlegroups.com
update,

we confirmed a joint meeting with the python folks so we hopefully get
a good crowd together and will talk about RabbitMQ and message driven
development.

looking forward to see many of you

cheers
lenz