RE: Member requesting to join Weller Family

Malcolm Weller

Feb 16, 2020, 2:50:55 PM2/16/20
to bopp...@gmail.com, Weller Family (Bucks)

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the information.

I have found a few Grace in our dataset but none that from the right time.

And a Frank Gilbert WELLER; http://www.weller.org.uk/cgi-bin/FamilyTree/ShowFamily.pl?PersonID=157 but again not quite a match.

I might need more information to find a link to our branch of the WELLER family. Do you have information further back in your tree?

Cheers,

Malcolm Weller.

Feb 17, 2020, 4:02:13 AM2/17/20
to 'Malcolm Weller' via Weller Family
Hi Malcolm,

Just wondering wot's happening with Yahoo Groups??

A while ago I got an e-mail saying times are changing & so are Yahoo Groups but nothing more after that.  It waffled on about something about them closing down or drastically changing, & telling us to do something - can't remember.  Thought I'd wait to hear from you, as I did think you'd let us know if anything was changing, or there was some action we had to take to remain a group.  Have you received anything about an impending closure of groups, or are they coming up with some other way to let us be a group?

As this is the only Yahoo group I'm a part of, I'll wait to hear from you if I have to do anything,  Lee (Kangaroo Ground Wellers)

Malcolm Weller

Feb 17, 2020, 5:59:24 AM2/17/20
to weller...@googlegroups.com

Hi Lee,

I also received a message from Yahoo Groups but as I do not have any I did not need to do anything. I think they are closing their on-line archive and public groups leaving only private groups.

The WellerFamily news group is on Google Groups which has not changed (or at least not much).

Cheers,

Mal.

image001.jpg

L H

Feb 17, 2020, 6:48:57 AM2/17/20
to 'Malcolm Weller' via Weller Family
Thanx Malcolm, it was set up so long ago, I'd forgotten everything.  Think I thought it was a Yahoo Group because this is a Yahoo e-mail address.  (& I thought I was a bit more computer 'savvy' - must be getting oldEmoji)