RE: Ebonised walking stick with a horn handle

Malcolm Weller

May 10, 2020, 1:09:14 PM5/10/20
to Barbara Taylor, Dianna Bell, Linda Francis, Bruce Bell, Suzanne Hallam, Duncan Bell, Adam Weller, Mark Weller, Alison Weller, Denise Butler, Weller Family (Bucks)

Hi all,

The pictured Ebonised walking stick with a horn handle was kindly presented to the WELLER family by Denise Butler of www.onlineantiques.net recently.

The metal collar bears the inscription; “Presented to Stephen Weller on the occasion of his Golden Wedding 4th March 1894 by his sons and daughters”. I have pictured it on Stephen’s page on the WELLER family web site; http://www.weller.org.uk/cgi-bin/FamilyTree/ShowFamily.pl?PersonID=198 next to a picture of him holding a similar walking stick.

Stephen WELLER was our great-great-grandfather. See; http://www.weller.org.uk/cgi-bin/FamilyTree/ShowFamily.pl?ShowTree=Active&PersonID=198&generations=5

A BIG thank you goes to Denise for her generosity.

Cheers,

Malcolm.