Relationships

Malcolm Weller

Mar 12, 2017, 10:58:42 AM3/12/17
to weller...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I have just added another feature to the WELLER web site that shows the relationship between two people;

http://www.weller.org.uk/cgi-bin/FamilyTree/ShowFamily.pl?ShowRelationship=1

Let me know what you think and if it can be improved.

Cheers,

Malcolm Weller.

David Weller

Mar 12, 2017, 2:14:47 PM3/12/17
to Malcolm Weller' via Weller Family

Hi Malcolm,

Great feature. I've never taken the time to figure out all that "once removed" stuff.

It checked out right for my Great grandfather (George Brion Weller), so we must be third cousins.

All my best,

Dave Weller

L H

Mar 12, 2017, 11:06:54 PM3/12/17
to weller...@googlegroups.com
Hi Malcolm,
Good to see lots of posts recently, re:  our family.  I did meet you @ Weller's Pub in Melbourne, a few years back for our Reunion.  Just wanted to let you know 2 things:

Firstly, Weller's Pub in Kangaroo Ground is closed now, has been for a couple of years or more.  I tried to approach them last year, re:  if they wanted to facilitate remaking Weller's Beer (Alister's idea) as we have lots of micro-breweries all over Melbourne.  But unfortunately, it's closed, & maybe they're asking too much to sell it, so not even a hint @ it reopening any time soon.  I do believe it may have had accommodation built beside it, & I have a feeling there were vines behind it, but they may not have belonged to the pub?  How sad for all of us Wellers.  If I was in a better position, I'd love to start a consortium to get it open again with lots of 'add-ons' - with a winery, microbrewery, accommodation, as well as just a Café, as well as the Restaurant, for those 'wandering around the hills' every weekend, who may not want to sit down to an expensive meal.  Most people just want to keep moving around from place to place - not just have one destination on a day out.  It could also become part of Tours of the wineries in the area.

PS:  Had a 'bad' year last year Alister, but this year want to go around to a few microbreweries looking into remaking Weller's Beer - I have been collating a list every time I see something in the Newspaper, online, or from leaflets - haven't forgotten!  (just hoping for a easier year than last year!)

Secondly, I thought I'd given you info on Lily Weller's family (born & grew up in Weller's Pub), but through this great link you've created in this e-mail, I see there's no further info on her.  I'll be doing a bit of Family History on the weekend, I'll give you some more info on some of Lily's family that I know of,

Hope you're well, & so glad you have a continuing interest in keeping us all in loop - & together!

Lee

Mar 13, 2017, 12:03:44 AM3/13/17
to weller...@googlegroups.com
Sorry did a typo  Mary Benson not Denson

Mar 14, 2017, 5:43:58 AM3/14/17
to weller...@googlegroups.com
Hi Malcolm,
It was  not me that sent that to you.There is probably another Dave Weller?