Query

Myrna Swanger

Jun 22, 2009, 3:36:01 AM6/22/09
to weller-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Group
I hope you dont mind if I send my queries as I come accross them....otherwise I will forget what the original ones were  (if you know what I mean !!)

I have a past email (2002) from a Weller researcher, who has the parents of Elizabeth LEGATE as John LEGATE and Agnes Morrys.

Has it been proven that she is Elizabeth LEGATT and her father IS  the daughter of Thomas LEGATT ESQ ?

Regards
Myrna

Richard Weller

Jun 22, 2009, 5:20:22 PM6/22/09
to Weller of Kent
Sorry Myrna, you have got me confused. You ask

< Has it been proven that she is Elizabeth LEGATT and her father IS
 the daughter of Thomas LEGATT ESQ ? >

I think there is something missing in that sentence. And I thought I
was the only one who makes that sort of error.

I don't know whether it PROVES it, but all the records I have seen
state that Elizabeth was d/o Thomas Posthumous LEGATT of Westminster,
Esq. I have not seen any reference to her mother, but you are right
to be cautious. There is a lot of misinformation around, including
the IGI.

Richard

Myrna Swanger

Jun 22, 2009, 7:41:02 PM6/22/09
to weller-...@googlegroups.com
Not missing Richard, just a few additional words to see if you are alert !
Sorry, I should read through my own emails better before sending them. I am
also inclined to put the wrong centuries in such as 1800 when it should be
1700
etc.

Thanks for all your replies and corrections, especially the Will of Daniels.
This is dissappointing because it shows my Mary Weller is not Daniels
daughter. I now need to revert back to Thomas Weller and Ann being her
parents, and I never managed to get beyond Thomas. !!

The Mary Weller daughter of Thomas and Ann, was born 1721 Benenden.

Jules, I will send a Gedcom file, but need to delete my Colebrook
connection first..... I will still be following BOTH lines as I am still
hopeful that they will connect somewhere.
Regards
Myrna
18:11:00