Weller connection to Sir William Garrow

Ruth

Nov 13, 2009, 1:15:05 PM11/13/09
to Weller of Kent
I hope to post more fully about my Weller connections when time
allows, but this is just a quick message to point out that the BBC's
new Sunday night drama, Garrow's Law, has a small Weller connection
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00nvt7z).

Sir William Garrow's son, David Garrow, married Charlotte Caroline
Proby on 5 November 1805 at Stratford St Mary, Suffolk. Charlotte's
mother was Arabella Weller, daughter of Captain John Weller of
Rolvenden and his second wife Catherine Dawson. Captain John Weller
was, of course, the direct descendant of Alexander Weller and
Elizabeth Dence of Cranbrook.

I haven't watched it yet - so will have to resort to BBC's iPlayer,
but it looks rather good!

Best wishes

Ruth