Major Paul Weller

Richard Weller

Sep 13, 2009, 4:50:18 PM9/13/09
to Weller of Kent
Paul Beresford WELLER was born in 1931 and died 2007. He was the son
of Septimus Beresford WELLER (and Henrietta nee HARDY) of Saltford,
Somerset 1892-1974, seventh and youngest son of Harry and Sarah WELLER
of Thames Ditton, Surrey. His father and John WELLER of AC cars were
brothers, and Septimus - or perhaps he used the name Beresford - was
an engineer with AC, which was involved in the production of
aeronautical parts in WW2.

Paul served in the Somerset & Cornwall Light Infantry 1950-68 and then
was in the legal profession. Perhaps he'd inherited genes from his
ancestor Thomas WELLER of Tonbridge, attorney and also defender of the
castle during the English Civil War!

I said I would post his information about Henry WELLER 1742 separately
(yes, I can spell!) but note that he has no more than I have already
posted. I was confused by the fact that he repeats in a different
form the information about this Henry's father, also Henry, at the
bottom of one tree and the top of the next and so thought it referred
to father and son. So, my thanks to Andrew for supplying data about
Henry 1742.

Andrew, I was in contact with Gill's husband Mike in 2005 when I
researched John WELLER of AC cars. Also their cousin Dawn Radford.
It was before I had renewed contact with Paul and received his family
trees, so they might welcome the data you and I have been sharing -
and even join the group!

Richard