Hung up on saving my config file

Andy Thompson

Mar 27, 2023, 2:49:51 PM3/27/23
to weewx-user
I had to make some changes to my config file today and I wondering how you save the changes before exiting?

p q

Mar 27, 2023, 3:00:38 PM3/27/23
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
depends on the editor you're using?

On Mon, Mar 27, 2023 at 11:49 AM 'Andy Thompson' via weewx-user <weewx...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I had to make some changes to my config file today and I wondering how you save the changes before exiting?

Peter Quinn
(415)794-2264
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

gjr80

Mar 27, 2023, 4:44:24 PM3/27/23
to weewx-user
Andy,

Try posting your reply again, your two replies were marked as spam/junk and when I released them they were deleted. I'll try a different approach if your next reply is similarly marked.

Gary

Message has been deleted

gjr80

Mar 27, 2023, 5:14:36 PM3/27/23
to weewx-user
Definitely doesn't like you. Andy's response below:

I am using the Terminal window.

Warren Gill

Mar 28, 2023, 2:12:14 AM3/28/23
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
The terminal window is not an editor. Here are the "Save" keys for common editors (nano and vi):

image.png
image.png

On Mon, Mar 27, 2023 at 4:13 PM 'Andy Thompson' via weewx-user <weewx...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I am using the Terminal window.

vince

Mar 28, 2023, 12:35:14 PM3/28/23
to weewx-user
Oh wow.  Get yourself some free linux training before you drive yourself crazy.   You will certainly need some linux skills to configure and run weewx.   At a minimum you'll need to know how to edit a simple text file in whatever editor you choose (there are a zillion of them).