weewx without local Hardware, getting Data only from ecowitt

Christian Radermacher

Feb 9, 2023, 6:45:47 AM2/9/23
to weewx-user
Hello,

is it possible to use weewx without local installed Hardware?
My usecase is the following:

I have a DP1500 with Sensors installed. They are behind a openWRT Router an send their Data to ecowitt and/or WU.

At home i wan´t to use weewx to show these data, and a weather forecast/windy an a webcam-image.

Is this possible?

Regards
Christian

Francesco

Feb 20, 2023, 3:13:13 PM2/20/23
to weewx-user
So the weather station is on a different location right? Do you have a public static ipv4 or dynamic ipv4 with ddns or ipv6 at home? Probabily it's not the best solution, but you might install weewx on some device on your home network with the interceptor driver listening to some random port, make some firewall rules on your router to redirect traffic from the external network to the internal address and port of the device running weewx, and use the custom server upload of the WSview /wsview plus app and upload data to  yourpublicip:portyouhavechosen (this solution is working for sure, as I am using it)