DivumWX Template

Jon Fear

Jan 16, 2024, 3:42:45 AMJan 16
to weewx-user
Hi!

I suspect that this will come across as rather impertinent but when will the DivumWX template be ready for release or at least Beta test?

It has shown as in closed Alpha for some time now with no obvious changes in the code being made.

For those who do not know, check out https://claydonsweather.org.uk/ The template looks awesome now...

Cheers

Jon

steepleian

Jan 16, 2024, 4:08:19 AMJan 16
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Jon,

Thank you for the compliment. We are very close to going public. We have been holding back because we wished to support WeeWX version 5 and the pip install process. What you see on my website is just that. We are just going through final tests for our own installer and admin section.
Ian

Jon Fear

Jan 16, 2024, 4:16:52 AMJan 16
to weewx-user
Hi Ian

Fantastic news!

As I shall be doing a full new install of the system to include my new Weather Station and additional features, looks like this will be a good time to make a start...

Jon

G400

Mar 4, 2024, 3:52:16 PMMar 4
to weewx-user
Ian,

I'm impressed with what you have achieved developing DivumWX and what the early version shows on  Steeple Claydon, UK Weather Station (claydonsweather.org.uk).
I know you have heard this a large number of times lately, but when can we expect to get access to download and start kicking tires?

 Regards

Kjell Inge

Ian Millard

Mar 4, 2024, 6:52:13 PMMar 4
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kjell,

I know its frustrating and there are many others like you out there.

I still cannot give you an exact date but it will be soon.

The public beta will be launched with its own installer (just like weewx-Weather34’s installer) but it will only support WeeWX version 5.x.x which has been installed by pip.

We believe that this is the way to go in the future as this one method covers all operating systems. It is super easy to upgrade and maintain from our support point of view.

If you want to get ready, I recommend that you make a fresh clean install of WeeWX 5.x.x into a virtual environment using pip.

Will let you know when the beta is ready. I might even be able to let you have an advanced copy. If you have a Telegram account, I have started a group for potential early adopters.

Regards,
Ian

On 4 Mar 2024, at 20:52, G400 <kjell.in...@gmail.com> wrote:

Kjell

Fran Yo

Jun 30, 2024, 2:15:32 PM (4 days ago) Jun 30
to weewx-user
good afternoon
Can you indicate the telegram account?

G400

Jul 1, 2024, 2:53:13 AM (3 days ago) Jul 1
to weewx-user
@MBGW400

Vrishab Kakade

Jul 1, 2024, 3:54:27 PM (3 days ago) Jul 1
to weewx-user
Hello Ian,
Could you please add me to the telegram group? @vrishabkakade

Regards,