Weewx data stops at around 3 am every morning ....

Glenn Vadney

May 19, 2022, 3:13:24 PM5/19/22
to weewx-user
My weewx data stops processing every morning around 3 am.  The logs coincidentally show that cron / anacron are doing their thing at about that same time as well. Does anyone else see this behavior & does it hurt anything to disable cron jobs completely on a dedicated weather machine ?   I've never run into this issue before in the years that I've been using linux machines, but then I've never used a dedicated linux machine to report weather data 24/7 either.

Thanks ........... Glenn

Tom Keffer

May 19, 2022, 4:10:48 PM5/19/22
to weewx-user
It could be anything. A copy of the log would help.

On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 12:13 PM Glenn Vadney <littlec...@gmail.com> wrote:
My weewx data stops processing every morning around 3 am.  The logs coincidentally show that cron / anacron are doing their thing at about that same time as well. Does anyone else see this behavior & does it hurt anything to disable cron jobs completely on a dedicated weather machine ?   I've never run into this issue before in the years that I've been using linux machines, but then I've never used a dedicated linux machine to report weather data 24/7 either.

Thanks ........... Glenn

Glenn Vadney

May 19, 2022, 5:07:17 PM5/19/22
to weewx-user
Thanks Tom,

Sorry, I jumped the gun; I think I found the issue.  According to the logs, the SDR stops receiving data over the last 8 days within 40 mins of 3am each day.  I need to check the sensor array cabling & try a different SDR.  It's strange but I think it's the hardware.

Glenn

Glenn Vadney

May 21, 2022, 12:25:35 PM5/21/22
to weewx-user
Changed the SDR & it fixed the issue ... so far.  Weird that it failed at about the same time every morning.