Weewx compatibility questions.

Mike Book

Jun 23, 2024, 2:44:41 PM (11 days ago) Jun 23
to weewx-user
I'm sure this question has been asked before but I was having difficulity trying to find an answer.

When using weewx does the weather station have to be a weather station with WiFi/Network capabilities?

I bought a weather station recently and as a HAM operator I was told I could use weewx to get my weather station on APRS. I would like to do it but I'm not understanding how weewx pulls the data. Does it pull it from the network that my device would be connected too? The device I purchased doesn't have network capability so I'm afraid it will not work with weewx. Hopefully someone could answer this.

Thanks
Mike

michael.k...@gmx.at

Jun 23, 2024, 2:57:18 PM (11 days ago) Jun 23
to weewx-user
Answer to the first question: no.

There has to be a driver for your station. Is it listed here: https://weewx.com/hardware.html?

Mike Book

Jun 23, 2024, 3:06:47 PM (11 days ago) Jun 23
to weewx-user
Okay thank you for the reponse. I'm posting it here now since I mistakingly sent a PM. Since network isn't required and a driver is used I assume my linux based machine would connect to the hub of the weather station?

vince

Jun 23, 2024, 3:25:17 PM (11 days ago) Jun 23
to weewx-user
You're going to have to tell us which weather station you have......

Mike Book

Jun 23, 2024, 3:54:09 PM (11 days ago) Jun 23
to weewx-user
One that I'm certain isn't going to work now that I looked at the compatibility list. It wasn't even listed on there. Kind of wish I knew about this option before I purchased the station.

What I have is a Vevor 7 in 1 wireless station.

Don't know if the link will help. I also reading somewhere that some drivers may even work on other systems. However, I don't really want to start going through multiple drivers without knowing how it connects. I was considering going ahead and getting an Accurite but the model numbers listed don't seem to be valid models on their website.

Mike Book

Jun 23, 2024, 4:00:02 PM (11 days ago) Jun 23
to weewx-user
I was also reading again that I could use an SDR receiver. Not sure if Weewx will work with something like that.