nginx proxy manager - weewx skins not displaying with custom locations

Andrew Terhorst

Sep 12, 2021, 8:46:15 AM9/12/21
to weewx-user
Hello

- I now have weewx working on a Raspberry Pi.
- I have a domain  www.example.com
- I use nginx proxy manager on another pi device to forward to my weewx pi
- nginx proxy manager makes SSL super easy to manage (I have a couple of servers on my home network)
- I can see www.example.com/weewx beautifully
- nginx proxy manager allows me to define a custom location so I can drop the weewx reference in the URL.
- However when I use www.example.com it shows raw data but not wrapped in a nice skin
- Anybody know how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance

samantha harris

Sep 13, 2021, 3:19:43 PM9/13/21
to weewx-user
I had the same problem, with the setup.py installation to a desktop running Debian 11 and uploading once a minute via ftp to a remote web server.

I compared the files on  localhost/weewx/ with those on the remote server and found the server missing several files, including seasons.css, seasons.js, and two .woff2 files in a font directory.  I stopped weewx, ftp-ed the missing files, and restarted.  Now when I use a browser to view the page on the remote server, everything looks as it should.

Andrew Terhorst

Sep 17, 2021, 6:07:18 PM9/17/21
to weewx-user
Thank you. I will investigate this.