Database and web pages no longer updating

Christian Gloor

Aug 26, 2021, 8:32:39 AM8/26/21
to weewx-user
Hello everyone,
Since Aug 16th, my Web pages no longer get updated. I'm using an Vantage Pro 2.
I'm running the latest version on a Raspberry Pi3 and it had been running flawlessly for months.
What I have checked so far:
  • The service IS running :) and I tried restarting it, as well as rebooting the system.
  • There are NO error in /var/log/syslog. Only INFO (and DEBUG as I activated it in weewx.conf).
  • The sqlite database file has not been updated since Aug 16h. Running sqlite3 weewx.sdb "PRAGMA integrity_check" to check it returns "ok" so it doesn't seem corrupted.
  • I have plenty of free space on my drive.
  • Running ./wee_device --info returns me all expected info from the weather station, so connection is running.
I'm running out of ideas. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I could check to pinpoint the issue?
I took an image of the SD card a couple of months ago, so I can always flash a new card with it and re-download the last three months of data stored in the station itself but I'd rather fix it remotely as the Pi is nowhere near me.
Thank you in advance!

gjr80

Aug 26, 2021, 8:39:42 AM8/26/21
to weewx-user
Hi,

Impossible to say without more info. The log is the best place to start, the log tells us what is and isn’t going on and it doesn’t have to have an error to be of use. I suggest you follow the steps here and post a log extract.

Gary

Christian Gloor

Aug 26, 2021, 9:11:15 AM8/26/21
to weewx-user
You are right, Gary.
Thank you for the link and here is a copy of my log.
Best regards
mylog

Darren

Sep 27, 2021, 12:22:38 PM9/27/21
to weewx-user
I have exactly the same issue, I have backed up everything first.
Was running on Raspbian 9, have completely reinstalled with Raspbian 10.
Have moved from Python 2 to Python 3
New version of interceptor driver.

Running out of ideas.

If you find a solution, please post.

vince

Sep 27, 2021, 12:59:55 PM9/27/21
to weewx-user
On Monday, September 27, 2021 at 9:22:38 AM UTC-7 dp60...@gmail.com wrote:
I have exactly the same issue, I have backed up everything first.

Without seeing some logs, we can't help.

Darren

Sep 27, 2021, 1:34:22 PM9/27/21
to weewx-user
I had already started a thread here, before finding this one Weewx / Interceptor stopped updating database and reportsI have just noticed this in the syslog Sep 27 13:07:52 piweather weewx[27609] DEBUG user.interceptor:

I also have background on what I have already tried here https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=42742.new#new

I have attached a part of my syslog file, if you need other files, please let me know

Appreciate your help.

syslog.txt
Message has been deleted

gjr80

Sep 27, 2021, 10:56:39 PM9/27/21
to weewx-user
On Thursday, 26 August 2021 at 23:11:15 UTC+10 christian....@gmail.com wrote:
You are right, Gary.
Thank you for the link and here is a copy of my log.
Best regards

My apologies but I missed your reply. For what it’s worth now you have all the classic symptoms of corrupted memory in your logger. See the wiki article WeeWX generates HTML pages, but it does not update them.

Gary

Owen

Oct 6, 2021, 8:53:02 AM10/6/21
to weewx-user
On Tuesday, 28 September 2021 at 12:56:39 pm UTC+10 gjr80 wrote:
My apologies but I missed your reply. For what it’s worth now you have all the classic symptoms of corrupted memory in your logger. See the wiki article WeeWX generates HTML pages, but it does not update them.

Must be the season for it....my VP2 just started playing up in exactly the same way.
Put weewx into debug mode - if it's like mine you'll see messages such as:

      weewx.drivers.vantage: LOOP try #1; error: Expected to read 99 chars; got 0 instead

Dumping/clearing the VP2 memory resolved the issue.

O.

Christian Gloor

Oct 7, 2021, 6:21:06 AM10/7/21
to weewx-user
Hi Gary,

Thank you for your help.
It was indeed a problem with the logger. Once the memory cleared, everything restarted without issue.

Best regards,
Chris