Moving weather station location

Jo Hunter

May 24, 2022, 8:41:24 AM5/24/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Morning all,

We just moved house. Before I set up my weather station again, can anyone please advise me on the etiquette for moving locations, especially when feeding data to online maps? I guess I can do what I like as far as weewx is concerned, although I was going to start a new database for that. Should I sign up as a fresh new user for things like PWSweather or CWOP, or just use my existing ID? I am concerned that if they keep a lot of historical data then it won’t be consistent between the two locations.

Thanks,
Jo

wavytail.com - laser art/fused glass/button badges/aviation gear
futurshox.net - aviation/photography

Karen K

May 24, 2022, 12:58:55 PM5/24/22
to weewx-user
I would create a new station ID as it is a new location. At least with PWSweather you can have more than one station (that is: location) in your account. You will see the "inactive" label for your old station location after some time.