Re: Weewx and API Integration

Message has been deleted

gjr80

Sep 13, 2022, 4:35:06 PM9/13/22
to weewx-user
Hi,

I am not aware of any utility that exists that can import Awekas data into WeeWX. The WeeWX utility wee_import has the ability to import data via the WeatherUnderground API but not Awakes. That being said, the modular nature of wee_import means it would be relatively straightforward for you to adapt wee_import to import data from Awekas by writing a new Awekas capable front end. This would depend of course on the capabilities of the Awekas API.

Gary
On Wednesday, 14 September 2022 at 05:17:47 UTC+10 sebastian...@googlemail.com wrote:
Good evening, I use the weather station from Bresser 7 in 1 Clearview and send the data to Awekas. Now I would like to download the data to Weewx via API. Is there a possibility? Many Thanks

Ton vanN

Sep 14, 2022, 8:28:30 AM9/14/22
to weewx-user
AWEKAS API is described at https://www.awekas.at/board/index.php?attachment/4815-awekas-station-api-v1-3-pdf/

Sebastian Eckelmann

Sep 14, 2022, 2:03:16 PM9/14/22
to weewx-user
Thank you for the help, data is now being fetched, unfortunately the data is displayed incorrectly. It's probably just a small thing that I'm currently overlooking. Maybe someone else has a tip for me. Thanks

Anton vanNwnhzn@GMail

Sep 15, 2022, 2:18:43 PM9/15/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Please describe what you mean with

> unfortunately the data is displayed incorrectly
Is scaling fitting the units listed in the API-description?
Be aware that
epoch-times are related to a specific timezone, with an offset relative
to UTC as given under 'timeoffset'.

Anton

Sebastian Eckelmann

Sep 15, 2022, 3:16:53 PM9/15/22
to weewx-user
Hi, thanks for your help. I am now using the Inceptor driver. Data is also retrieved from WU. Under Current Conditions it says Outside Temp: 0.1 C
Inside Temp 17.2 C. Outside 12.9 and Inside 24.1 would be correct.Screenshot 2022-09-15 211058.png

Anton vanNwnhzn@GMail

Sep 16, 2022, 3:13:11 AM9/16/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com

Can the 'faulty' values be traced back to values in the input-files from either WU, or from AWEKAS?
If that is the case, it looks like a doubtful data source.
If no link visible, (perhaps open door) have a look in completely different direction:
did you properly set the type of PWS (not to Simulator)?

Op 15-9-2022 om 21:16 schreef 'Sebastian Eckelmann' via weewx-user:

Contactinfo voor Anton van Nieuwenhuijzen:
Email    = ton...@gmail.com
Fax2Mail = (+31/0)84.8397303 [ook Voice2Mail]
Deze E-mail en eventuele aanhangende files zijn
alleen bestemd voor de geadresseerde(n).
Als je deze E-mail ten onrechte hebt ontvangen,
dan aub verwijderen en de afzender informeren.

Sebastian Eckelmann

Sep 16, 2022, 9:01:00 AM9/16/22
to weewx-user
Another thing that struck me was Hardware Simulator under "about this station". Even though I installed the interceptor driver. Sorry for the questionsScreenshot 2022-09-16 150006.png

Rainer Lang

Sep 16, 2022, 10:28:04 AM9/16/22
to 'Sebastian Eckelmann' via weewx-user

That's what I call a "beauty" thing.
Look up your parallel post in wxforum.net
There you will find a solution of how to replace your "Simulator" entry by one of your choice

Sebastian Eckelmann

Sep 16, 2022, 10:39:24 AM9/16/22
to weewx-user

Sorry for the questions but I don't see the error. I made the following entries in weewx.con, see attachment
Screenshot 2022-09-16 163527.png

gjr80

Sep 16, 2022, 9:24:48 PM9/16/22
to weewx-user
I do not recommend editing the Seasons skin about.inc and replacing the $station.hardware tag with whatever text you chose. At best you are papering over the cracks, at worst it will be misleading. The $station.hardware tag is taken from the hardware_name property of the driver being used by WeeWX. In this case if 'Simulator' is being displayed that will be because WeeWX is currently using the simulator driver. Doesn't matter how many driver stanzas are included in weewx.conf, or what station type is selected in weewx.conf; $station.hardware will display the hardware_name property for the driver used by the WeeWX instance doing the reporting.

After you changed to the interceptor driver did you restart WeeWX? If not you need to. If you did what does the WeeWX log say? Details of the driver being used by WeeWX is logged during WeeWX startup. Certainly the nonsense values you are seeing, such as 0.1C, is indicative of WeeWX using the simulator driver rather than the interceptor. The answers will be in the log.

Gary

Sebastian Eckelmann

Sep 17, 2022, 10:01:04 AM9/17/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I have attached the weewx.conf. Maybe someone can see where the error is. I really appreciate the help here. Thanks

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "weewx-user" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/db28984a-72a4-4831-86ac-725d112b79e4n%40googlegroups.com.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Sebastian Eckelmann
weewxconf.txt

steepleian

Sep 17, 2022, 10:37:51 AM9/17/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
I would hazard a guess that maybe the driver and device_type in your interceptor stanza could be confusing each other.

Sent from my iPhone

On 17 Sep 2022, at 15:01, 'Sebastian Eckelmann' via weewx-user <weewx...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

weewxconf.txt

Sebastian Eckelmann

Sep 17, 2022, 10:41:11 AM9/17/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
I assume so too, but I'm stumped. Unfortunately, the station can only send to awekas WU and Weathercloud. So the only way left for me is to get the data from WU via API.

steepleian

Sep 17, 2022, 10:42:13 AM9/17/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Try changing the device_type to observer

Sent from my iPhone

Gianvito

Apr 12, 2023, 10:19:33 AM4/12/23
to weewx-user
Hi,
were you able to get the data from the awekas api?

Thanks

Sebastian Eckelmann

Apr 14, 2023, 8:53:07 AM4/14/23
to weewx-user
Hi, unfortunately no, so far it only works via Wunderground.