CSV reporting removed in V4

clko...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2021, 3:24:45 PM9/17/21
to weewx-user

I recently upgraded from V3.9.2 4.5.1.  I had been using the process service usr.csv.CSV to generate a simple CSV output that I defined in the CSV section of the config file.

Those entries cause a failure of the service to start now under the new version.  Looking at the doc, it appears this facility is no longer supported and the CSV section of the config file now is used for CSV input.

Do I have this correct?

thanks
Cliff

Tom Keffer

Sep 17, 2021, 3:40:08 PM9/17/21
to weewx-user
Hello, Cliff

I don't recall any CSV facility being part of WeeWX now, or in V3.9. Perhaps this is a third party service that you installed?

In any case, if your goal is to produce CSV files with every reporting cycle, a better approach would be to write a Cheetah template, rather than use a service.

-tk

Cliff Kotnik

Sep 17, 2021, 5:27:57 PM9/17/21
to weewx...@googlegroups.com

Ah yes.

csv - emit loop or archive data in comma-separated-value format

Copyright 2015 Matthew Wall

Thanks,

Cliff

Cliff Kotnik

clko...@gmail.com

vince

Sep 17, 2021, 9:09:39 PM9/17/21
to weewx-user
We can't help you much without knowing which version of the extension you're trying to run 'and' seeing some log file excerpts, but perhaps https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki/csv might help.

matthew wall

Sep 17, 2021, 9:19:50 PM9/17/21
to weewx-user
hi cliff,

please try this update to the weewx-csv extension:

clko...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2021, 7:27:23 AM9/18/21
to weewx-user
Folks,
Thanks you all for your quick response.  I am set for now.  I have reverted to the 3.9 version.

While WeeWX has a rich set of features, I just need the current weather to use in a custom monitor program an observatory.  I kept poor records of my original install and forgot about Matt's user extension during my installation of the more recent version.  My bad for not keeping better notes.

So I think I should be fine with the new version of the extension when I do a second pass at the upgrade.

Again, thanks for you quick response,
Cliff