WeeWX on Debian 11 Bullseye

Gordon Dickens

Oct 7, 2021, 9:02:55 AM10/7/21
to weewx-user
Hello all,

I have been successfully running my weather website powered by a Davis Vantage Pro weather station with Weewx on Debian 10 Buster for the past two years.  My exact configuration is as follows:

- WeeWX version 4.5.1
- Belchertown skin version 1.2
- Real time updates via MQTT mosquitto Version: 1.5.7-1+deb10u1
- Apache version 2.4.38-3+deb10u5
- Linux kernel version 4.19.0-17-amd64

Everything is working great, however, I will need to upgrade the OS to Debian 11 Bullseye soon.

So, my question is as follows.  Has anyone encountered any problems upgrading and running WeeWX/Belchertown/MQTT on Debian 11 Bullseye?  I just want to understand what I am getting into when I upgrade the OS. I have several other Debian web servers and I have already upgraded one server from Debian 10 to Debian 11 without any major issues, however, that server did not run WeeWX.  So, I am hoping that some of you folks have already done the upgrade and I want to hear about your experiences.

Thanks,

Gordon

Owen

Oct 7, 2021, 9:26:21 AM10/7/21
to weewx-user
On Friday, 8 October 2021 at 12:02:55 am UTC+11 gldic...@gmail.com wrote:
Has anyone encountered any problems upgrading and running WeeWX/Belchertown/MQTT on Debian 11 Bullseye?

Whoops - think I hit the wrong button on my previous reply!

As I said - any hurry to upgrade?  Bullseye was only officially released ~1 month ago, and Buster is supported until mid-2024.
I'd wait for early kinks in Bullseye to be ironed out, but that's just me...

vince

Oct 7, 2021, 11:33:00 AM10/7/21
to weewx-user
I ran both setup.py and dpkg packaged weewx under bullseye in a virtual machine without any problems.
You shouldn't expect any issues.

Gordon Dickens

Oct 7, 2021, 6:07:34 PM10/7/21
to weewx-user
Hi Vince and Owen,

Thanks very much for your prompt replies.  I found Vince's reply very encouraging.

Has anybody else upgraded to Debian 11 and, if so, what was your experience with WeeWX/Belchertown skin/MQTT?

Thanks

Gordon