Longitude failing to update.

Stephen Brookes

Jan 30, 2021, 8:35:56 AM1/30/21
to weewx-user
Hi All,

First time posting in this group!!

This is probably something really simple and I've completely missed something but I've had weewx running for a good few months now but noticed that the longitude is incorrect and the latitude is slightly out, so I used the wee_config --reconfigure to change the values to the correct value but this doesn't seem to have updated.

The pi4 weewx runs on has been restarted and the weewx.conf reloaded to no joy.

    # Latitude in decimal degrees. Negative for southern hemisphere
    latitude = 51.80
    # Longitude in decimal degrees. Negative for western hemisphere.
    longitude = -0.87

WS.PNG
TIA

Tom Keffer

Jan 30, 2021, 8:45:43 AM1/30/21
to weewx-user
Hello, Stephen.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not seeing what the problem is. You specified latitude, longitude of 51.80, -0.87 in weewx.conf, and that's exactly what you're getting in your reports. Remember that lat/lon is base 60.

Stephen Brookes

Jan 30, 2021, 8:55:42 AM1/30/21
to weewx-user
Ahh ok, so it is reporting the correct lat/lon.

I only thought id ask as I also use the Belchertown skin and the windy radar the skin utilizes (correct me if I'm wrong) uses the lat/lon for its location and for me this is about 40 miles west of where my lat/lon actually is. The red cross is approx the correct lat/lon.
lat lon.PNG

Tom Keffer

Jan 30, 2021, 9:10:32 AM1/30/21
to weewx-user
Sorry, but I don't know where the Belchertown skin gets its lat/lon information.

Karen K

Jan 30, 2021, 9:30:55 AM1/30/21
to weewx-user
That's neither WeeWX nor Belchertown skin. There was a thread before, and that's Windy. It always marks the location of the user (or what it guesses, where the user is located). It does _not_ show the station's location. But the picture is centered to the station's location.

Stephen Brookes

Jan 30, 2021, 9:46:55 AM1/30/21
to weewx-user
Ahhh ok :) thank you very much for clearing that up.