Setup Forecast in BelcherTown Skin

Barry

May 12, 2022, 10:25:45 PM5/12/22
to weewx-user
Hi, I’m new to all this weewx stuff, and I am running into some setup issues, any help would be appreciated.
I apologise that this particular post is a duplicate of one I made a few hours ago in a different thread, but I had issues with Groups quarantining my messages. Anyway here is the request in its own thread.

Situation so far, Davis Vantage Pro 2 died, so has been replaced with a WeatherFlow Tempest.

Using:
Linux Mint 20.3
Weewx v4.8
BelcherTown v1.2
WeatherFlow-UDP v1.1

I am attempting to get the Forecast displayed on the main page of the Belchertown skin.
This is what I’ve done so far:

Got the “stock” BelcherTown skin. Weewx and WeatherFlow-UDP all playing nicely together and uploading data to my weather page.

Setup PSW account and got an API key
Setup forwarding to PSW
    [[PWSWeather]
        enable = true
        station = STRANDHERDMEADOWS
        password = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PWS receives and displays my data

Setup Aeris weather account and got both the ID and Secret key

Downloaded the forecast extension “weewx-forecast-master.zip” from
        https://github.com/matthewwall/weewx-forecast
Then installed it
sudo wee_extension --install weewx-forecast-master.zip
There were no errors on install.

At this point when I restart weewx it seems to go through a cycle of data collection and then the syslog records this and weewx stops.:

May 12 18:07:18 linux /weewxd: weatherflowudp: MainThread: raw packet: {'serial_number': 'ST-00062106', 'type': 'rapid_wind', 'hub_sn': 'HB-00071538', 'ob': [1652393236, 1.24, 196]}
May 12 18:07:18 linux weewx[545399] INFO weewx.manager: Added record 2022-05-12 18:07:00 EDT (1652393220) to database 'weewx.sdb'
May 12 18:07:18 linux weewx[545399] INFO weewx.manager: Added record 2022-05-12 18:07:00 EDT (1652393220) to daily summary in 'weewx.sdb'
May 12 18:07:18 linux weewx[545399] INFO weewx.engine: Main loop exiting. Shutting engine down.
May 12 18:07:18 linux weewx[545399] CRITICAL __main__: Caught unrecoverable exception:
May 12 18:07:18 linux weewx[545399] CRITICAL __main__:     ****  '>' not supported between instances of 'float' and 'NoneType'
May 12 18:07:18 linux weewx[545399] CRITICAL __main__:     ****  Traceback (most recent call last):
May 12 18:07:18 linux weewx[545399] CRITICAL __main__:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/engine.py", line 214, in run
May 12 18:07:18 linux weewx[545399] CRITICAL __main__:     ****      self.dispatchEvent(weewx.Event(weewx.CHECK_LOOP, packet=packet))
May 12 18:07:18 linux weewx[545399] CRITICAL __main__:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/engine.py", line 245, in dispatchEvent
May 12 18:07:18 linux weewx[545399] CRITICAL __main__:     ****      callback(event)
May 12 18:07:18 linux weewx[545399] CRITICAL __main__:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/engine.py", line 634, in check_loop
May 12 18:07:18 linux weewx[545399] CRITICAL __main__:     ****      raise BreakLoop
May 12 18:07:18 linux weewx[545399] CRITICAL __main__:     ****  weewx.engine.BreakLoop
May 12 18:07:18 linux weewx[545399] CRITICAL __main__:     ****
May 12 18:07:18 linux weewx[545399] CRITICAL __main__:     ****  During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
May 12 18:07:18 linux weewx[545399] CRITICAL __main__:     ****
May 12 18:07:18 linux weewx[545399] CRITICAL __main__:     ****  Traceback (most recent call last):
May 12 18:07:18 linux weewx[545399] CRITICAL __main__:     ****    File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/engine.py", line 650, in post_loop
May 12 18:07:18 linux weewx[545399] CRITICAL __main__:     ****      self._catchup(self.engine.console.genArchiveRecords)

 Anyone any thoughts on what the problem may be, I have never done any programming with Python, which is where the errors appear to be coming from. Even better, is there an idiots guide to installing the forecast capability out there.

Many thanks,

Barry

John Kline

May 12, 2022, 10:32:06 PM5/12/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Use:

On May 12, 2022, at 7:25 PM, Barry <wix...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, I’m new to all this weewx stuff, and I am running into some setup issues, any help would be appreciated.

Andy

May 13, 2022, 8:17:38 AM5/13/22
to weewx-user
New to the Belcher Town skin, but have the forecast without any additional installs. Did have to read the documentation to find the forecast_enabled bit.

    [[Belchertown]]
        skin = Belchertown
        HTML_ROOT = public_html/belchertown
        [[[Extras]]]
             forecast_enabled = 1
             forecast_api_id = xxxxx
             forecast_api_secret = xxxxx

Andy

Karen K

May 13, 2022, 8:42:10 AM5/13/22
to weewx-user
The weewx-forecast extension does not apply to the Belchertown skin. The Belchertown skin has its own forecast module, which is included in the skin. You only have to set up forecast within the Belchertown configuration as shown in the previous post.

Barry

May 13, 2022, 9:51:32 AM5/13/22
to weewx-user
Thanks for the responses. I'll give it another go!

Barry

Claudio

May 13, 2022, 3:31:37 PM5/13/22
to weewx-user
download 1.3 ver. for forecast.

Barry

May 13, 2022, 11:40:50 PM5/13/22
to weewx-user
Well that was easy! In all the reading I did I never twigged that v1.3 had all the forecast stuff built in. Just upgraded to 1.3b1 (the only 1.3 version that I could find)  then under EXTRAS enabled forecast  added the required details and I now know what tomorrows weather is meant to be.

Many thanks to all who helped, be warned there will be more questions coming from me, sorry!