Measurement string format lookup

anb...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2023, 12:19:58 AM3/21/23
to weewx-user
Hello,

Can someone advise me regarding how to lookup measurement string format using extensions.py?

For now skin is searching string format in skin.conf file using
label_format = self.units_dict['StringFormats'][target_unit]

How to modify this, to use extensions.py for string format lookup.

Thanks

Andrej

Tom Keffer

Mar 21, 2023, 8:08:12 AM3/21/23
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
I'm not following --- you will have to give much more information.

Is the skin one that you wrote? Someone else wrote? Is it part of WeeWX?

If the line of code that you supplied is what it is using to find a label format, then there's not much you can do. The skin author should use WeeWX-standard ways of doing the lookup.

More details would help.

-tk